Complaint Review: Caribbean Cruise Line

• Submitted: Fri, November 23, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 23, 2012

• Reported By: Lynn — Mississauga Ontario Canada
Caribbean Cruise Line
301 Broadway, Ste 101B, Riviera Beach, FL 33404 Riviera Beach, Florida United States of America

Caribbean Cruise Line Just another time share sales tool! Riviera Beach, Florida

Caribbean Cruise Line phoned me at home a few weeks ago and a person tried to convince me I had received a free two night cruise.  I know nothing is for free, and I was sure he was trying to sell me something.  I politely told the caller, then hung up.

Today I received their "Corporate Memorandum" in the mail to call 1-800-301-8076 toll free to claim my free cruise (Port charges and government taxes not included.  No purchase necessary), along with a $1,300 travel credit voucher to purchase an extended stay vacation package that may be used along with my FREE cruise.

The reverse of the travel credit voucher states:

"TERMS AND CONDITIONS: This is an offer to sell travel...to promote specific hotels and resorts...and in return requires the attendance at a presentation on the sale of independent vacation ownership resorts.

Refunds subject to law of state in which consumer resides.  This advertising material is being used for the purpose of soliciting sales of a vacation ownership plan."

Needless to say, the wise consumer will read ALL material received in the envelope.  Don't get sucked in with visions of free travel.  There are additional costs to this promise.  I dumped this "Free Cruise" offer in my paper recycling bin!

Thanks to Ripoff Report for documenting other complaints.  Reviewing your records confirmed that I should never get involved with this company or others like them ("Hello, this is your Captain speaking...").

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2012 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Caribbean-Cruise-Line/Riviera-Beach-Florida-33404/Caribbean-Cruise-Line-Just-another-time-share-sales-tool-Riviera-Beach-Florida-972854. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Caribbean Cruise Line