Complaint Review: Caribbean Cruise Line

• Submitted: Sat, January 19, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, January 19, 2013

• Reported By: Fee — Vancouver British Columbia Canada
Caribbean Cruise Line
Port of Palm Beach, 301 Broadway Ste 101B Riviera Beach, Florida United States of America

Caribbean Cruise Line intimidates potential client who asks questions Riviera Beach, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Caribbean cruise line

On January 18, 2013, I received a letter, addressed to me, offering me a "Free Bahamas Cruise for Two" and a $1300 travel credit voucher.  I read the 4-page ticket/booklet and phoned their number (1-800-370-0510) with questions.  I spoke to a young woman who gave me her name, Nidi Hooks.  As part of her spiel, she asked if I agreed that word-of-mouth was the best way to advertise a good thing, to which I said that I didnt know (it was an assumption I couldnt verify).  She also told me that our conversation might be recorded for quality control purposes.

Nidi followed her script and answered my basic questions until I said that I couldn't pay the $59 x 2 (port tax for 2 people) until I had more information.  And I hadn't discussed it with the friend I wanted to travel with.  She passed me on to Sean Phillips, who told me more about their Extended Stay Package (ESP), with a 75% discount on accommodation for 2 nights before and 2 nights after the 2-night cruise, a rent-a-car for 7 days, and one morning or afternoon to visit a vacation ownership resort.

Sean changed a few of the details Nidi had given me, saying that I had 2 years to use the ESP, but only 18 months for the cruise alone.  When I asked if the $1300 travel credit voucher would be enough to cover the basic costs, he said No.  The ESP would normally cost $2996, but I could have it for $996, if I committed to it within this phone call ($2996 minus my $1300 voucher, minus $600 free cruise, minus $100 for something else = $996)).  I asked him to break down the $2996 figure he was quoting.

By my rough calculations (thinking off-peak), 4 nights would cost about $600, the cruise was $600 and the car rental could be about $200, for a total of $1400 (then I would get at a 75% discount on accommodations).  Were there other things in that package price?  He avoided answering and said that I needed to look at the bottom line of $996  that my calculations wouldnt work.  Would I be using Visa, Master Card or another credit card?  I told him that I needed the information to be able to make a decision about the offer.

Sean clearly became frustrated with my questions and passed me off to Daaniyl, who listened to my quick recap and told me that I needed to calm down and listen.  I calmly replied that I simply needed answers to my questions before I could make a decision about committing to $996.  Daaniyl told me that I would get a free flight to Ft. Lauderdale, which surprised me, and I told him so.  Why hadnt Sean told me that?

Daaniyl continued restating the perks and I restated my questions about approximate costs.  When I had been on the phone for close to an hour, and wasn't satisfied with the answers, nor had I received an email with the information (as suggested by Sean) before ending the phone call, I told Daaniyl that I couldn't accept the offer as presented.  His approach was that I was spending too much time analyzing things and trying to break things down.  I reiterated that all I wanted was information.

If word of mouth is the best way to advertise a good thing, then this experience will do the opposite.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 03:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Caribbean-Cruise-Line/Riviera-Beach-Florida-33404/Caribbean-Cruise-Line-intimidates-potential-client-who-asks-questions-Riviera-Beach-Flo-999611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Caribbean Cruise Line

Caribbean cruise line

AUTHOR: Victoria - ()

On January 31, 2014 I've recieved a package from Caribbean Cruise Line offering FREE two night cruise for two adults. Did my search on google by their number 1800 370 0510 and realized that this is a scam. Thank you so much for other users for posting earlier reports about this company:-) knowing this I don't have to spend time for listening their bulls***.