Complaint Review: Caribbean Cruise Line

• Submitted: Tue, October 23, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 23, 2012

• Reported By: Julie — Forest Hills New York United States of America
Caribbean Cruise Line
Port Of Palm Beach, 301 Broadway Ste101B, Rivera B Internet United States of America

Caribbean Cruise Line Cruise ship "Bahamas Celebration" I received a letter saying that have just won a "Free 2 Day Cruise", but when i called I had to pay a port tax & fee of $59.00 for each person , Internet

Today I received a letter from a "Caribbean Cruise Line" saying that I have just won a "Free 2 Day Cruise for two" to the Bahamas, ( Grand Bahamas Island) and a $1300 travel voucher. I caled and a lady who said her name is Thelmita Lewis started reading all the information from the web site. She told me that I had to pay a port tax & fee of $59.00 for each person, $118.00 total to lock in the cruise and had to pay now or the deal was off. She wanted me to pay the $118.00 from a credit or debit card, and told me that if I pay the $118.00 now that I have up to 18 months before I can select the cruise that I want. She told me the name of the ship was the "SS BahamaCelibration". I told her that I need some time to do my research and se if it's secure for me to pay this money. I told her that i'm aware of scam so she answered that I could just go on the internet and look up the line, (she keep on tring to say that they were part of Royal Caribbean International Cruise Lines). [continued below]....
..... She didn't let me say a word she was just giving me new web pages about Bahamas about the cruise and if i pay now i'll get all receipts within 4 days. I kept asking her if i can call back but she told me that "It's like a one day sale at Macy's" they have too many (why?if i was selected out of all people and it's a one chance only. I tried logically explain her that i still need time and as per letter i have 72 hr to claim my free cruise why i can't just do it later today. And again i listened for a while about all unnecessary info and just hang up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2012 04:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Caribbean-Cruise-Line/internet/Caribbean-Cruise-Line-Cruise-ship-Bahamas-Celebration-I-received-a-letter-saying-that-ha-958998. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Caribbean Cruise Line