Complaint Review: Caribbean Cruise Lines

• Updated: Fri, February 14, 2014

• Reported By: merocha — Omaha Nebraska
Caribbean Cruise Lines
3655 nw 87th ave miami, Florida USA

Caribbean Cruise Lines Free two day cruise is a ploy to sell you another $600 dollars worth of vacation. miami Florida

I received a mailing for a free two day cruise with Caribbean Cruises and all I had to do was positive word of mouth advertising was what I was told. Once on the call, I was advised I would have to pay $118 in port charges which I didn't mind. Once I agreed to that though, I was transferred over and over again to people who had asked me to verify my info and then they proceeded to try and upsell the two days with another $600 of crud that I did not want. I told them over and over again that all I wanted was the two day and they wouldn't stop. I finally told the guy he had already taken up a ton of my time and that I am old enough to know what I need or don't need and if he didn't finish the call then I was going to hang up. This is when I was transferred to yet another women who asked again for my info and "mentioned" that I had declined the extra package and when I said yes she responded with, "okay I'm sorry I couldn't help you" and then silence. After a moment I asked if I was going to received my confirmation number as I had been told several transfers through and she mumbled something like, no there is no charge today. I hung up. I assume since I didn't want the extra package that I then became uneligable for the "free" two day cruise as promised which is a ton of false information for the 45 min I was stuck on the phone. They should be ashamed of themselves and how they try to sell travel packages. I will never use this cruiseline or any others that they are associated with and will tell everyone I know about this experience. I am assuming that Caribbean Cruise line is using these tactics due to dropping travel bookings but this is the worst way they can drum up new business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2014 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Caribbean-Cruise-Lines/miami-Florida-33178/Caribbean-Cruise-Lines-Free-two-day-cruise-is-a-ploy-to-sell-you-another-600-dollars-wor-1123587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Caribbean Cruise Lines