Complaint Review: Carinfo1

• Reported By: JAM561 — Fort Lauderdale Florida United States of America
Carinfo1

Carinfo1  From $1 to $19.95/month, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: For a Full Refund Email Josh@VehicleHistory.com

I'm not sure how this company is still around and I can't even imaging the amount of money they have made through consumers who do not follow through. When you do a google search for "Car History Report" they are one of the links in the results. They advertise that for $1 you get a complete vehicle history report.

After all of the credit card information is processed, you are then put on a $19.95/month for 6 month plan. This is insane! There is not phone number to contact customer service, instead you are put through to a Live Chat. I had to ask the agent 5 times about what the final charge on my card would be before they responded that it was only $19.95 month. After further inquiring, I was given the option to cancel my membership and thus would only incur one charge of $19.95.

Again, how do you go from $1 to $120?! At the end of the chat, I stated that I wanted a full refund and to only be charged the $1 that was advertised. I was told that I was given a full refund. I called my bank and they saw a pending charge of $19.95 but the refund had not posted as of yet.

Isn't this considered a bait and switch? I hope all customers are further investigating their charges with this company. I cannot imaging I am the only one this has happened to!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2012 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carinfo1/internet/Carinfo1nbsp-From-1-to-1995month-Internet-923233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carinfo1

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

For a Full Refund Email Josh@VehicleHistory.com

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Hello Jam,

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. Please email me at josh@vehiclehistory.com for an immediate full refund. Anyone that requires customer service or a refund can contact josh@vehiclehistory.com

Respectfully,