whereby

• Reported By: Tom — Lincoln Nebraska United States of America
Carinfo2

Carinfo2 Stay away from deceptive offer, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: For a Full Refund - Email Josh@vehiclehistory.com

I decide to check on a auto report for a used car I purchased. On the Internet carinfo2 offered a vin history check for $1. I entered the vin and accepted the history/vin report. Today I received my credit card notice and a carinfo2 charge was included at $19.95. I went and checked my account and then found a tab for terms and conditions and it stated charges would be $20 per month for six months and if I used it less than five times a month I could cancel the account. This company is using deceptive marketing to capture unknowing consumers into thinking they are getting a report for $1, which is not the case.

I tried chatting with a representative but they never answered. I then called the 1-866 number and spoke with a representative who asked for name and email and reason for calling. I explained the deception to her and she said she would cancel the account. Iasked for reimbursement of the 19.95 charged and she repeated herself the account was cancelled ignoring my inquiry to credit my card for what I feel are overcharges. She provided me a six digit number regarding the case. i am expecting a full refund minus the one dollar and a cancellation of the supposedly contract I agree to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2012 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carinfo2/internet/Carinfo2-Stay-away-from-deceptive-offer-Internet-918595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carinfo2

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

For a Full Refund - Email Josh@vehiclehistory.com

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Hello Tom,

TO receive a full cancellation and refund please email me at josh@vehiclehistory.com. I will immediately assist you in the resolution of this matter. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered and will make this right. Again, please contact josh@vehiclehistory.com for a full refund.

Thanks,