Complaint Review: Carl Burgers Dodge

• Updated: Sat, June 08, 2013

• Reported By: warrior — calipatria California
Carl Burgers Dodge
8355 Hercules st LA MESA, California USA

Carl Burgers Dodge Lied about repairs and repair time. would not release keys even after we paid for diagnostic. LA MESA California

*Consumer Comment: Why Are You Even Messing With These People?

on tuesday may 07, 2013 at approximately 0620 p.m our vehicle was towed  to carl burgers burgers dealership. the

service dept was already closed so we left the key at a safe box with a note authorizing a diagnose in the morning.  Service dept. opened at 7. i called them at 8 at left a voicemail.  i called them again at 9.  spoke to jeffrey arkin.  he said tom was already taking a look at the vehicle and i asked him to please call me back as soon as they knew the problem since we weren't from san diego.  no call.  we got our only ride at noon and arrived at the service dept. liar, liar they had not even looked at the car. around 1230 i was told it was the water pump, and the plastic reservoirs, the time belt and the o-rings.

gave me an estimate of $780..00 just for the water pump and 150 for the plastic reservoir.  i explained to him that was outrageous and that previously we had a new transmission put in our car and that we had spent 3800.00.  i asked him to lower the price. he only lowered 50.00  i told him there was no way i would get the work done for that price.when i paid the $120.oo for the diagnostic he would not release the vehicle to me.  he said the mechanics had gone to lunch and would be back till 1:30.  i had to speak to another service advisor cuz i was so upset.

he said yeah, that i had to wait for the mechanics.they made us wait another hour and 20 minutes even if we had already paid..  i went and got a rental and had my car towed out of pocket to a mechanic.  $250.oo for the towing to Escondido and $100 for the rental.  the  mechanic in Escondido assured me it was just a radiator hose and the plastic reservoir. he put it through the computer.  that mechanic only charged me $208.00    now i'm even questioning the prior repairs on the transmission that the dealership had said my car needed.  they told me i needed a new transmission and i trusted them.  it could have been just a sensor.  it makes me sick to my stomach how they inconvenienced me not only wasting money but my time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2013 06:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carl-Burgers-Dodge/LA-MESA-California-91942/Carl-Burgers-Dodge-Lied-about-repairs-and-repair-time-would-not-release-keys-even-aft-1057597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carl Burgers Dodge

Why Are You Even Messing With These People?

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Effective TODAY...look for and begin an on-going relationship with an INDEPENDENT mechanic!  An independent mechanic has a well equipped shop, the owner is often one of the mechanics and will offer you much better service without you paying thru the nose to a dealer!  There's absolutely no reason for you to be treated like @%&# by any dealer and that's exactly what they did!