Complaint Review: Carleton Financial Group, North America Holiday Travel, Dort Federal Credit Union

• Submitted: Sat, May 05, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, May 05, 2007

• Reported By:Ligonier Pennsylvania
5076 Spring Road, Toronto, ON M3J 1G6: Toronto, Ontario, Canada Canada

Carleton Financial Group, North America Holiday Travel, Dort Federal Credit Union fraudulent prize notification, bad check, fraudulent trip reward notification, Prize Scam, Vacation Scam Toronto Ontario Canada

I received a letter May 4, 2007, with a Cashier's Check from Dort Federal Credit Union in the amount of $2790.80. The Letter was from Carleton Financial Group 5076 Spring Road, Toronto, ON. M3J 1G6.

The letter stated that I won a Bahama Cruise along with $50,000 and it stated that the enclosed check is for service charge and tax fees, and that I would be issued the remaining balance of $47209.20. I would need to contact Leva Cole at 647-898-1418 once I receive this letter of Notification and to remember that all reward packages must be claimed before May 11, 2007.

Well, first of all, I never entered to win any type of Bahamian Cruise nor did I enter to win $50,000. Secondly, Why would they need to send me the check to pay the service charges and fees, why didn't they deduct it automatically from the winnings, if I were "a real winner" of the prize? Thirdly, How do these people get our names and addresses? This check looks absolutely real. I also wanted to tell you all that on the check sent to me is a notation that says: RE: Sean Coleman. I am so glad that I came to this website and looked first before I did something I would regret. I was lucky enough to research before I deposited this check. Thank you all for posting.

J D
Ligonier, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2007 02:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carleton-Financial-Group-North-America-Holiday-Travel-Dort-Federal-Credit-Union/Toronto-Ontario-Canada-M3J-1G6/Carleton-Financial-Group-North-America-Holiday-Travel-Dort-Federal-Credit-Union-fraudule-246988. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carleton Financial Group, North America Holiday Travel, Dort Federal Credit Union