Complaint Review: Carlsons

• Updated: Wed, November 14, 2012

• Reported By: Mike — Santa Monica California United States of America
Carlsons
1342 5th Street, Santa Monica, California United States of America

Carlsons Carlsons Appliances Fraudulent Claims, wasted time and money Santa Monica, California

When I shared with the sales guy Eddie Sayabalian that I had 35 inches of space for my washer/dryer, I never expected such a bold face lie. "You've got plenty of room with this unit". We were looking for a deal when Carlsons was going out of business in Santa Monica, now I know why. The installer attatched it all, everything went well until the smoke started from the dryer that tripped the fire alarm. He swore it was from the oils inside heating up, "completely normal" he said. When I saw that there was heat, the dryer spun, I thought "great, it works!" Signing the paper, this was a "FINAL SALE". This means I had no recourse once they installed it. The credit card company said I could not dispute, goods delivered.

The appliance repair company even backed up the whole "smoking oil" story. "Yea that's normal". Meanwhile, nothing like this is covered under the Frigidaire warranty. In a week they had the parts ordered and showed up the 2nd time only to tell me that the installer smashed the venting hose and left no space for the air to leave. Per the repair guys, the hot air backs up, shutting off the heat in the dryer.

300 more dollars to make the hose work. I am not an appliance guy, now I know the games they play.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2012 01:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carlsons/Santa-Monica-California-90401/Carlsons-Carlsons-Appliances-Fraudulent-Claims-wasted-time-and-money-Santa-Monica-Califo-968900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carlsons