- Report: #960288
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Carlton Fields, PA
Carlton Fields, PA525 Okeechobee Blvd #1200 West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America
Carlton Fields, PA Case number cites on blog is totally incorrect, firm ignored requests for correct information West Palm Beach, Florida
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Adria E. Quintela
Chief Branch Discipline Counsel, Florida Bar
Lake Shore Plaza II
1300 Concord Terrace Suite 130
Sunrise, FL 33323
RE: Carlton Fields, PA, 525 Okeechobee Blvd #1200, West Palm Beach, Fl 33401
Dear Adria Quintela:
I wish to put forward a complaint about the Carlton Fields firm for listing bogus or incorrect cases on their site http://www.martindale.com/Carlton-Fields-PA/gp-105637.htm under the heading:
Successful Settlements or Other Favorable Dispositions
They provide a long list of cases that they claim that the firm has taken on and had good results for their clients. The cite below is entirely incorrect and my attempts to bring this to the firms attention and obtain correct case information has not been successful.
37. Mian v. American Utility Management, Broward County Circuit Court, Case No. CACE-04-06041-11, Judge Barry Goldstein. We represented AUM in connection with a putative class action alleging improper utility billing at apartment complexes. After meeting with counsel for plaintiffs, the case was voluntarily dismissed.
Based on the case number I ordered and paid for the 12 pages of this case from the Clerk of the Circuit Court and when it arrived I found that the case number given by Carlton Fields, PA, was for Mushtaq Ahem Miam vs. WCI Communities, Inc and had nothing at all to do with the Mian vs. American Utility Management matter.
I had an exchange of 6 emails with Mr. Joseph Ianno, Jr of the West Palm Beach office who was shown as the lawyer representing WCI Communities, explained my problem and asked if he would be able to provide me with the correct Miam/AUM case number so I could re-order the case.
After his extensive inquiries as to what my interest was, he simply referred me to the Broward Circuit Court number for looking up such cases. I subsequently spent 15 minutes on the phone with them and they claimed they could not find any such case
After being fobbed off by Mr. Ianno, I raised the problem with Mr. Hanson (email attached) and did not receive any reply.
The Carlton Fields, PA firm should not be listing made up cases on their site. It misleads the public. At the very least they should have provided me with the correct case number, if in fact any such case exists, and they should also have immediately corrected their site by either removing the blurb or correcting it to reflect the actual case number.
I ask that the Bar now:
1) take relevant disciplinary steps against Carlton Fields, PA,
2) require them to provide me with the correct cite,
3) amend their advertising to reflect actual and correct cites for all those cases that they wish the public to believe were handled well by their firm.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2012 09:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carlton-Fields-PA/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33401/Carlton-Fields-PA-Case-number-cites-on-blog-is-totally-incorrect-firm-ignored-requests-960288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.