- Report: #52618
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Carlyle And Associates
Carlyle And Associates11516 Nicholas Street; Suite 201 Nationwide U.S.A.
Carlyle And Associates; Philips-Carlyle International HUGE fees for tiny results. KEEP YOUR MONEY. IT WILL BE BETTER SPENT Omaha Nebraska
*Consumer Comment: You had asked.
*Author of original report: Carole Tipton / PCI / Carlyle & Associates / Career Connect / Bernard Haldane /
*Author of original report: BEWARE: Carole Tipton & crew now operating under CAREER CONNECT, INC.
*Author of original report: SURPRISE!! Carlyle & Associates Offices Dark and Empty!
*Author of original report: Legal review of Carlyle and Associates
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
During this initial meeting, the counselor made it clear that (paraphrasing), C&A accepted LESS THAN 40% of the people who interviewed as potential clients.
THEIR BIG SELL POINTS:
1.The majority of JOBS (63% - 74%) were not published according to C&A...data was supported by two studies; US Government, and Harvard University. The studies were proudly featured on C&As website. C&A used their vast networking contacts to match me with these unpublished openings and get me in front of the key decision makers.
2. Help me evaluate and analyze my skill sets and personality traits to identify the most appropriate career area.
3. Help me market myself through multiple communication modes.
4. Provide access to all C&A resources during my job search.
5. Give me access to a computer database with job openings not advertised in normal sources.
6. Maintain my status as a client for 5 years following my employment at a job of my choice.
7. Provide access to opportunities and companies not advertised through the internet or local publications.
8. Ensure specialized one-on-one service because of a limited clientele base.
9. Exploit their team of counselors network of business and industry contacts.
10. "Bypass the normal HR process and get their clients in front of the decision makers.
11. A commitment that clients would not be competing for the same jobs.
12. Placement within the job of our choice usually within 3 to 6 months.
WHAT REALLY HAPPENED:
I paid several THOUSAND dollars and I discovered that I ended up surfing FREE websites like Monster.com, and the local newspaper site for job openings. I sent in my resume, arranged the interviews not with some "outside of HR" contact, but the very person listed in the ad. I participated in a day long seminar on career marketing and also videotaped a practice interview.
I received huge bulk emails, sent to all the clients, with dozens of pages long, with a mish-mash of job opportunities ... from the internet & local ads. Not exactly the personalized service I paid for.
WHAT I REALLY GOT:
An average resume and cover letter format. "Advice Interviews" which are me cold calling companies for an appointment to allow them to tell me about their company & industry. They also got to review my resume & I gave them a home-made business card. These companies did not have openings.
MY ADVICE TO YOU?
Do it yourself. Go to the web an search on "resume writing." You can pay anywhere from $100-$250. Try your local community college. They offer resume writing classes. Tuition at the local CC is usually under $50/credit hour. The resume class will probably be a half day long. They also offer career development seminars of usually a day. Sign up on an internet site which will automatically email FOR FREE with postings that match your specific key words like, accounting; nursing; sales etc.
Talk to your family & friends. Let them know what you are looking for.
Truthfully, I am EXTREMELY embarrassed at my gullibility. I have a college degree and I have been working in my profession for 14 years...and I fell hook, line and sinker for the sales pitch of their services
KEEP YOUR MONEY. IT WILL BE BETTER SPENT IN OTHER WAYS.
Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Carlyle & Associates
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2003 12:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carlyle-And-Associates/nationwide/Carlyle-And-Associates-Philips-Carlyle-International-HUGE-fees-for-tiny-results-KEEP-YOU-52618. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)