Complaint Review: Carmax Auto Finance

• Updated: Thu, June 27, 2013

• Reported By: upsidedowntree — Wichita Kansas
Carmax Auto Finance
CarMax Auto Finance P.O. Box 3174 Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Carmax Auto Finance Repossed my car when I was only 17 days late. Milwaukee Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: No Rebuttal!

*Author of original report: Bet you live with mom and dad and never paid a bill.

*Consumer Comment: Oh, So Now Its a Junk Car...Right?

My husband's auto loan got behind with Carmax, because of cut beacks at work.  We had gotten our payment caught up, because I just recently got a job.  We always contacted them and we had been paying on this car for over 5 yrs.  We had a 6 year at 11%.  The original loan was for $17,000 and we had paid it down to $2900.  They decided to reposses when we approached 17 days past the due date after getting caught up.  We did not know we were even 17 days past due, because they told us our next payment was due in July, but it was June.  This was absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for.  Now we have to pay tow fees and make the past due and future payment.  Carmax is awful.  I obviously had no intention of not paying them the money owed and they are costing me a day of work and fees I cannot afford to pay right now.  They also sold me a piece of junk.  The Explorer I bought was a bad year with transmission problem along with the back gate cracking.  Also started to rust and has cost me thousands of dollars to fix.  I WILL NEVER BUY FROM CARMAX AGAIN.  I will support my local dealership.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2013 06:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carmax-Auto-Finance/Milwaukee-Wisconsin-53201/Carmax-Auto-Finance-Repossed-my-car-when-I-was-only-17-days-late-Milwaukee-Wisconsin-1062467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carmax Auto Finance

No Rebuttal!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Let's see...you had the opportunity to provide a rebuttal for each of my points.  You didn't because you can't.  Instead, it's just innane, very immature comments.  This is ALWAYS a dead giveaway the initial rebuttal has hit the nail squarely and perfectly on the head!!!

Bet you live with mom and dad and never paid a bill.

AUTHOR: upsidedowntree - ()

Car had problems soon after I bought it doof!  Not just because it was repossessed.  If you would actually move out of mom and dad's house and start paying bills, you would know that you have to depend on what they tell you most of the time.  Falling behind on a payment is not the worst thing that can happen.  They worked with me and lead me to believe the problem was resolved.  I depended on them to tell me when the next payment is due because THAT IS THEIR JOB ALL DAY LONG EVERYDAY THEY GO TO WORK.  You know how I can tell you still live with mom and dad?  You are not on here for information, but to feel good about yourself.  Get a job!

Oh, So Now Its a Junk Car...Right?

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

How typical.  They did a repo on you because YOU told them to do a repo on you by YOU not making YOUR payment on time!  There's no rocket science here.  It is YOUR account and YOUR tranportation.  It is up to YOU to know when YOUR payment is due by making absolutely sure YOU are current rather than you now claiming you didn't know when the payment is due.  How lame is that?  Now suddenly because they did the repo because YOU failed to live up to the terms of the contract, the car is nothing but problems.  Like I said, how lame is that?  Make your payments on time, every time and you will never have a COLLECTOR call you or have the car repo'ed.  Let me save you the trouble...because you have no intelligent rebuttal to this, don't bother whining that "you must work for them"...because I don't!