Complaint Review: Carmax - Carmax Auto Finance

• Submitted: Mon, May 31, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, November 24, 2010

• Reported By: Cindy — Seaford Virginia U.S.A.
Carmax - Carmax Auto Finance
Jefferson Ave Newport News, Virginia United States of America

Carmax - Carmax Auto Finance Deceptive business practice Newport News Virginia

*Consumer Comment: You Don't Have a Clue, Watch!"

*General Comment: CARMAX IS OWNED BY LAWYERS

Beware of this company,  they spend more time moving cars from lot to lot then they do trying to sell you one.  They also lie about financing approvals,  build up hopes of people and then crash them with not even a blink of an eye.

Tried to buy a car from them,  told me they would hold the car I wanted,  while I gathered up all the necessary financing paperwork they needed.   Kept in contact with the sales person,  and was told it was being held,  and then the day I came in with the final paperwork,  the car I wanted was being transferred to some other lot for someone to look at it and buy,  they had brought me in another one,  and tried to pass it off as the same vehicle with the same features,  only i am blonde which doesnt mean I am dumb.  This vehicle was all beat up inside and out,  didnt have the same options,  and had almost 20K in mileages increase.   So manager said he would fix it,  had to wait another week to get another one shipped in,  now remember the actual one I wanted is still on their lot,  and they wont sell it to me,  even though they said they would hold it.   Instead I have to wait another week to get another shipped in....  makes sense some how,  not sure how but to them it does.   As I stated they spend more money moving cars then they do selling....   anyways new car comes in and I sit down and they tell me oh you dont have the right paperwork, our sales man made a mistake,  you dont get that care either.....   I went to another deal in Virginia beach, and had the car I wanted in three days, no financing hassells.  Will never deal with Carmax again nor would I recommend them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2010 09:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carmax-Carmax-Auto-Finance/Newport-News-Virginia-23608/Carmax-Carmax-Auto-Finance-Deceptive-business-practice-Newport-News-Virginia-608844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carmax - Carmax Auto Finance

You Don't Have a Clue, Watch!"

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Carmax is a PUBLICALLY TRADED company listed on a stock exchange.  Anybody...ANYBODY can buy their stock, including you.

#2 General Comment

CARMAX IS OWNED BY LAWYERS

AUTHOR: watchoverme - (United States of America)

good luck!