Complaint Review: Carmax -Greensboro

• Submitted: Sun, March 03, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, March 04, 2013

• Reported By: out-o-pocket — Randolph County North Carolina United States of America
Carmax -Greensboro
Greensboro, North Carolina United States of America

Carmax -Greensboro Deceptive valuation of car sold to Carmax Greensboro, North Carolina

*General Comment: wow

*Consumer Comment: What?

*Consumer Comment: Are you serious

I took a 2004 Ford Thunderbird to Carmax Greensboro to trade it in on a car I fount there that I liked......the Thunderbird has less than 18,000 miles on it and the valued it at a mere $14,000..... When I complaint about the low valuation for such a popular car with no accidents and low mileage, they gave me a list of "issues" why it wasn't necessarily the cream puff I thought it was.........believing what I was told, I took the deal.....5 days later, they had it listed for sale at $ 20,998.00.....nearly $7,000 over what they gave me.......apparently it was the cream puff I thought it was......I asked them to reconsider and give me $ 2,000 more than the $ 14,000 offered and they told me in essence that the risk was too high........I am just sick about this! I was a believer for many years that Carmax was an honest, reputable car dealership that I could trust to give me the fairest deal.....over the past 16 years, I have purchased 7 vehicles at Carmax and this is the last......I will spread the word far and wide ......... I you are contemplating selling your car to Carmax......caveat venditor ........ Seller beware......you will NOT be treated honestly!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2013 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carmax-Greensboro/Greensboro-North-Carolina-/Carmax-Greensboro-Deceptive-valuation-of-car-sold-to-Carmax-Greensboro-North-Carolina-1022984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carmax -Greensboro

#1 General Comment

wow

AUTHOR: Wurtle38 - ()

English must be a second language. You should feel lucky you got the $14k.  but carmax has fixed pricing so I don't know if you just have to wait for the price to go down.

What?

AUTHOR: Inspector - (USA)

An "honest and reputable car dealership"?  An oxymoron.  And since when is the Thunderbird a popular car?  I wouldn't own one and no one I know has one.  I don't see many on the road.  Do you see where I am going?  You leap to conclusions and that is why you are here.

Are you serious

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

So they gave you $14,000 and had it listed for $7,000 more.  So because they "listed" it at 21K, they automatically owe you $2000 of that.

You are so gracious in allowing them a mere $5,000 profit.  Oh wait..that is if they actually sell it for the $21,000, are able to sell it immediately and had zero overhead..which even the second they took possession of your car had them incur overhead.   Here is a question, when you bought your car you didn't just pay the asking price.  You did negotiate them down..didn't you?   So what happens when the person who eventually ends up buying this car for only $18,000 or even $16,000.  Would you just give back this extra $2,000?  What if they could only sell it for $13,000 what would you do if they come back to you for the extra $1000 they lost?

But even if they sell it for $21,000 you agreed on selling your car for $14,000.  So they could sell THEIR car for $21,000 or 21 Million and it is not a RipOff because it is no longer your car.