Complaint Review: Carmax

• Submitted: Wed, August 27, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 09, 2009

• Reported By:cumming Georgia
Carmax
11450 Alpharetta Hwy Roswell, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 770-280-6200
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Carmax dealer said I did not have to appy again, my information was still in there system Roswell Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Not really sure, please clarify

*Consumer Comment: Same issue here in Columbus....

*Author of original report: Miss type on my subject title line

*Consumer Comment: What?

Basically, Carmax ran my credit report every time I was interested in one of their cars. They sent my personal information to about 6-7 differant banks every time I was interested in one of their vehicles. I have 4 differant inquiries because I was iterested in a certain vehicle. The dealer said that one one inquiry would show up on my credit, but that isnt true, it is a scam.

Catherine
cumming, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2008 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carmax/Roswell-Georgia-30076/Carmax-dealer-said-I-did-not-have-to-appy-again-my-information-was-still-in-there-system-367559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carmax

Not really sure, please clarify

AUTHOR: Booninator - (U.S.A.)

The last guy stated that he had a problem with the system communicating. Were you running the app by yourself? It sounds like there was a communications error. Or that it was going too slow for you and you got impatient and resubmitted repeatedly. This is why there are websites and programs that are clear in stating only click submit once. and Carmax has such a statement on their programs.

Same issue here in Columbus....

AUTHOR: Ward107 - (U.S.A.)

When I was going thru finance options, the sales rep said the application is only run thru once and the results are saved. I had a issues with their system communicating with the finance manager's? Well anyhow they had ran my credit 10 times to 6 different banks. All along I was told that it only goes thru once and the information is good for a week in most cases. I was told by a competetor that it is called shotgunning the credit. It sort of locks you in to them because other banks see the inquires on your credit report and are less likely to work with you for 90 days. I was told everything the person fileing this coplaint was, I was only purchaseing one vehicle.

Miss type on my subject title line

AUTHOR: Catherine - (U.S.A.)

Miss type on my subject title line, Carmax said I did not have to apply again...

What?

AUTHOR: Been There Done That - (U.S.A.)

Why is it a scam? You admit that you went in there numerous times to look at cars. Why on earth if you were looking would you have them run your credit. After the first time and they show it cycling through the banks, as it shops for best terms, would you keep going back to do it?

They HAVE to resubmit each time you go in...they dont know what has happened or been reported since the last time you "applied"

There is no "ripoff" here or "scam". They may have misstated that to you or you misunderstood what they said. Basically the problem is they have no true finance dept. They rely on electronic means to "place you" with a company. A dealers F&I mgr, if he's any good, can pull your credit and have "tiered" lenders they know they can place you with. Carmax just sells cars they dont get involved with financing much and rely on these finance houses to finalize the payment side of things.