institution

• Updated: Wed, December 26, 2012

• Reported By: John — Chesapeake Virginia United States of America
Carnegie Mortgage

Carnegie Mortgage Dovenmuehle Will not Process Payments on Time Internet

I received a payment delinquent notice for my November 2012 payment.  I pay my bills online and paid Carnegie Mortgage on November 5th.  Carnegie does not accept electronic transfers so my bank mails them a check every month.  The customer service representative was very nice and told me that they were having problems with their mail and that she would waive the late fee.  Additionally she told me that I should back up my payment by five days to ensure that it makes it to them on time.  I took her advice and backed up my payments to go out on the day before the first of every month.

For December I set up my payment for November 30th.  Again, I received a deliniquent notice on 21 December.  This time when I called, the customer service representative was very rude.  I explained to her the whole story from the previous month and the steps I took to ensure this did not happen again, but she said they did receive my payment but it was after the 15th of December and I would still have to pay the late fee.  I refused and asked to speak with a manager.  She became very irritable on the phone and finally agreed to waive the late fee.  She recommended that I call my bank to find out if they were sending the checks out on time.

I called my bank and set up a conference call with a customer service representative from Carnegie.  Again, the person from Cargegie was extremely rude to myself and the customer service representative from my bank.  She (the Carnegie rep.) insisted that we had the wrong address even though they had received my previous payments without a problem (prior to November). She said this after she insisted that they were well known to the post office.  These contradictory statements indicated that the address was probably not the problem.

It is apparant that there is a problem with Carnegie Mortgage's payment processing department.  My bank did make a slight change to the address and I will see if the problem repeats.  If the problem is corrected, I will update this report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2012 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carnegie-Mortgage/internet/Carnegie-Mortgage-Dovenmuehle-Will-not-Process-Payments-on-Time-Internet-987045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carnegie Mortgage