Complaint Review: Carnival Cruise Lines

• Updated: Thu, April 04, 2013

• Reported By: Djangered — Walnut Creek California
Carnival Cruise Lines
3655 NW 87th Avenue Miami, Florida United States of America

Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Cruise Lines lying to customers about Cancellation penalties to discourage cancellations. Miami, Florida

Considering all the trouble Carnival Cruise Lines has been experiencing I comptemplated cancelling my cruise I booked with Carnival. My cruise date is in May 2013. I emailed a request to Carnival on March 18 requesting verification on what I would have to pay to cancel my booking. After not receiving a response from Carnival after 8 days I sent a second email request on March 26, 2013 for cancellation costs information. Carnival states that they will try to respond within 72 hours and apologized for the delayed response due to an overwelming number of emails lately. I received a response to my first request 2 full weeks later on April 2, 2013 stating that I would have to pay a 50% penalty for cancelling.

Where they slipped up is when I received a response to the second email stating that as of April 4, 2013 It would be a 50% penalty. So the first email that stated it would be a 50% penalty on April 2, 2013 was a lie and I could have cancelled prior to April 4, 2013 and only paid the non-refundable deposit of $200 and an $50 cancellation fee. In addition to all this, the email chain they forwarded to me shows that a Carnival representative read and forwarded my email on March 21, 2013. They read the email 3 days after I sent it and still did not respond until they though I couldn't cancel the booking for less than 50%.

Don't make the mistake of booking a cruise with Carnival Cruise Lines, they do not value you as a customer and will lie and cheat to keep your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2013 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carnival-Cruise-Lines/Miami-Florida-33178/Carnival-Cruise-Lines-Carnival-Cruise-Lines-lying-to-customers-about-Cancellation-penalti-1040724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carnival Cruise Lines