Complaint Review: Carnival Cruise Lines

• Submitted: Thu, May 28, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, May 28, 2009

• Reported By:Goodyear Arizona
Carnival Cruise Lines
3655 NW 87th Avenue Miami, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-CARNIVAL
  • Web:
  • Category: Cruises

Carnival Cruise Lines Rips off Consumers Miami Florida

On 4/27/09, I booked a Carnival cruise for $612.20. They subsequently canceled a port-of-call due to swine flu fears, and gave me only 3 days to call in to reschedule my booking for a future date. I was not able to get through to customer service within those 3 days since their phones were flooded and they placed a generic message asking people to call back or email. I sent an email, which did get replied to for 8 days, and the representative basically told me that I had to call in to handle my request! After calling three weeks later, I finally got through, and they only offered to upgrade my room and weren't willing to cancel or change my itinerary - I complied as it was my only option. After checking their prices on their website on 5/28/09, I find that they are currently offering the same category room I booked for $442.98 (a difference of $169.22). I called customer service again, and they refused to offer or compensate me for anything.

Carnival cruise lines will not receive any future business from me if they are unwilling to rectify their deceptive business practices.

Goodyear, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2009 10:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carnival-Cruise-Lines/Miami-Florida-33178/Carnival-Cruise-Lines-Rips-off-Consumers-Miami-Florida-456391. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carnival Cruise Lines