mail

• Reported By: Mistabo — Rancho Cordova California United States of America
Carnival
3655 NW 87th Ave Miami, Florida United States of America

Carnival Carnival Cruise Line lost my luggage during debarkation Miami, Florida

This is regarding my trip December 30, 2012 on the Carnival Magic. During debarkation to the port of Galveston my luggage was lost by Carnival. The night before we put out six bags of luggage, unfortunately the next morning only five made it onto the pier. The luggage was properly tagged with not only the Carnival debarkation tag, but also my personal bag tag. I filed a lost luggage report, but as of today have not received my luggage.

The Carnival representative I spoke to in the port just gave me a form to fill out and said me she couldn't do anything more for me. She told me to call the 800 number on the form to file a claim with the insurance company. I did purchase the optional travel insurance, however it turns out it only covers up to $1,500 (my suitcase alone was $200) and that's if you have receipts for all your belongings. If not then they only give you up to 80% and make you file a claim with your homeowners or a secondary insurance to cover the rest. This insurance would be fine if you had cheap cloths or lost a small bag. I lost a large luggage bag that had my entire week's worth of cloths.

After contacting Carnival they informed me that it was not their fault, nor their responsibility my luggage was lost. They told me to deal with the insurance company and that they were done dealing with me. Its shocking and unacceptable the lack of responsible Carnival has for their passengers luggage, especially when Carnival is encouraging passengers to put their luggage out the night before. The passenger is intrusting their personal property with Carnival and for that twenty-four hour period Carnival is responsible. Furthermore, there is a bigger issue here and that is the absence of security by Carnival within the port.

This was my fifth cruise and will be my last on Carnival. My next cruise I will walk my bags off the ship and not trust a cruise line with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carnival/Miami-Florida-33178/Carnival-Carnival-Cruise-Line-lost-my-luggage-during-debarkation-Miami-Florida-1000627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carnival