Complaint Review: Carol Wright Gifts

• Updated: Fri, September 28, 2012

• Reported By: TomC — Louisville Kentucky United States of America
Carol Wright Gifts

Carol Wright Gifts so-so online seller, but partnered with a scam, Internet

Today I received a credit card statement with an unexplained charge for something called freeshipping.com -- when I inquired about the charge I found that they claimed I had signed up for their "service" while making a purchase from Carol Wright Gifts seven months ago and that the free trial period had expired and now I was being charged for their service.

Looking further, I quickly found that freeshipping.com is a well-known scam that rips off unsuspecting people.

I contacted Carol Wright Gifts asking why they had given my personal information and credit card details to this scam company and I received an immediate form letter reply admitting that freeshipping.com is a "partner" of Carol Wright Gifts but denying having given them any information and claiming that _I_ must have given this company all the information. Carol Wright Gifts also claimed that freeshipping.com sends out a welcome email to every new customer who signs up (I never got any such email).

From the form letter reply it is clear that Carol Wright Gifts receives many complaints about this scam and knows the company is cheating their customers.  Since Carol Wright Gifts chooses to "partner" with this scam, I have to put them in the same class of internet slime companies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2012 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carol-Wright-Gifts/internet/Carol-Wright-Gifts-so-so-online-seller-but-partnered-with-a-scam-Internet-948186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carol Wright Gifts