Complaint Review: Carolina Forest Child Development Center

• Updated: Fri, August 10, 2012

• Reported By: Jack — Myrtle Beach South Carolina United States of America
Carolina Forest Child Development Center
Ronnie Court Myrtle Beach, South Carolina United States of America

Carolina Forest Child Development Center Carolina Forest Child Development Center is a bad choice! Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Completely Disagree

If you live around the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach and you need a day care center, stay away from Carolina Forest Child Development Center. It is located behind the post office. We pulled our child from this center for many reasons. First, The owner is very hard to deal with. The teachers are very poorly trained and inexperienced. The place could be much cleaner for a newer building (evidence of roaches). The bus that is owned by the facility broke down on numerous occasions leaving the children stranded. We found out that it was a reconditioned former school bus. We drove up on many occasions and saw teachers standing around in front of the building smoking and using profanity. We caught our teacher texting when she was supposed to be watching the kids. its a very unprofessional atmosphere. Tattoos, noserings, cigarettes. That was enough for us! Not worth the money! Parents want the best for their children. Skip this place! trust me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2011 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carolina-Forest-Child-Development-Center/Myrtle-Beach-South-Carolina-29579/Carolina-Forest-Child-Development-Center-Carolina-Forest-Child-Development-Center-is-a-ba-694315. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carolina Forest Child Development Center

Completely Disagree

AUTHOR: YankeeGirl - (United States of America)

My daughter started at the center when she was four months old and my son started at 6 weeks.  They are now 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 years old, respectively.

I have never seen any employee smoking, or even any parent smoking outside of the center.  I don't think tattoos or piercings affect teaching abilities.  I would prefer a lip piercing over an oblivious staff member any day!  The previous owner was opinionated at times, but I perceived her as passionate, not difficult.  The center has recently come under new owndership, and there is now a drastically different atmosphere.  The new owners have made significant changes to morale and the center's physical atmosphere.  I feel more connected to each staff member and the owner knows and cares about my family just like he's in my family.

I am a teacher and I understand what aspects are most important for a developing child.  I don't think the center was ever bad.  However, I know it is better now that I have seen the changes implemented by the new owner.  I frequently view other preschools in the area to be sure my children are getting the best care.  I have yet to see another center that has the dynamic of Carolina Forest.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC