Complaint Review: Carolina Furniture H.R.Privette

• Submitted: Fri, January 03, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, March 11, 2003

• Reported By:DeKalb Illinois
Carolina Furniture H.R.Privette
940Carter Dr. SW Calabash, North Carolina U.S.A.

Carolina Furniture, H.R.Privette, President rip-off fraudulent furniture sales Calabash North Carolina

*Author of original report: Carolina Furniture Partial Refund

*Author of original report: Carolina Furniture AKA Miller Burns AKA International Home Furniture Scam

*Author of original report: Carolina Furniture Mail Fraud

Buyer beware of a slick website and savy salespersons. This company is a fraud. They request a 50% deposit on orders. I have had $1182.50 on deposit since January 2002. I have not received my furniture or a refund as requested. Have contacted the NC Attorney General's Office, the Better Business Bureau and the Brunswick County Sheriff's Office.

Privette was convicted of fraudulent intent in South Carolina, moved across the border in 1999 to set up the same type of scam. I found this out too late.
Hope this info saves someone else from falling prey to this creep!!!!

Barbara
DeKalb, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2003 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carolina-Furniture-HRPrivette/Calabash-North-Carolina/Carolina-Furniture-HRPrivette-President-rip-off-fraudulent-furniture-sales-Calabash-No-39927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carolina Furniture H.R.Privette

Carolina Furniture Partial Refund

AUTHOR: Barbara - (U.S.A.)

Came home to a surprise yesterday. I received a partial refund check from Carolina Furniture. The partial refund came 4 mos after I canceled two contracts and requested a refund. It was post dated for 3/14. We'll see what happens when I cash it in a few days.

AUTHOR: Barbara - (U.S.A.)

I was glad to hear someone got a small refund on a large deposit. I got the same bankruptcy sob story from HR in December 2002. I was told I was stupid to believe it would be easier for him to declare bankruptcy then try to get his business staightened out.I just needed to wait for my refund. He was just having a rough time of it. He has had my deposit money for 14 months. He never had a contract with Thomasville furniture company, yet last July he told me my Thomasville furniture was in his warehouse. Heck it was even in Wisconsin one weekend this fall on its way to DeKalb, IL. He deliberatively lied about delivery dates many times this fall. He is a SCAM ARTIST that doesn't care how he has affected people's lives. Remember he was doing this in So. Carolina before they closed down his business there..

I would be afraid of a small partial refunds if he starts issuing them. What will this due to any possible future charges against him. He and his attorney have to be monitoring this sight. This is probably one more legal manuver to keep the authorities at bay. I know for fact when he still had employees one of them asked if they would be in legal trouble after the attorney general office paid him a visit last November. He told this person, he has lawyers to take care of that. This employee as well as others walked out 2 days later afraid they would be implicated. Remember there are well over 200 of us out there and he continues to rip people off.

Carolina Furniture Mail Fraud

AUTHOR: Barbara - (U.S.A.)

I took Cindy's (Linwood, Maryland) advice and called Grace at the Postal Inspection Service 800-372-8347. I had to leave a message. She returned my call within an hour. I pulled off a complaint form online at

www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud

and faxed it to her at 312-669-5651. Mark you correspondence hand deliver to Grace. I am mailing all my supporting documentation to her tonight on my way home from work. She is putting a lead investigator on this. She is amazed at the amount of money Privette has scammed and that the web site is still up. I encourage others to do the same. Hopefully some federal charge will stick and put HR behind bars!!!!!!!