- Report: #57360
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Carolina Furniture, Miller Burns Furniture,International Home Furniture
Carolina Furniture, Miller Burns Furniture,International Home FurnitureCalabash, North Carolina U.S.A.
Carolina Furniture, Miller Burns Furniture,International Home Furniture Information for Consumers and Customers consumer fraud ripoff Calabash North Carolina
On April 30, 2003, the State of NC filed a Temporary Restraining Order against Carolina Furniture and Henry R. Privette. Carolina Furniture & H.R. Privette are temporarily restrained and enjoined from:
1) accepting advance payments for goods or services prior to the delivery of goods or services to the consumer in satisfactory condition;
2) collecting payments for furniture orders previously placed by consumers until the furniture has been delivered to the consumers in satisfactory condition;
3) engaging in any collection activity against consumers in connection with any furniture order that the defendants have not completely and satisfactorily fulfilled;
4) violating the Mail or Telephone Order Rule, 16 CFR & 435, by failing to deliver furniture when promised or failing to notify purchasers of delays and giving them an opportunity to cancel their orders and provide them a full refund if requested;
5) transferring, withdrawing, concealing or encumbering any of defendants' assets without permission of the Court, except that permission from the Court shall not be required for reasonable business expenditures of the Corp. including salaries to employees or if the parties agree in writing to expenditures or transfer of assets, and except that defendants shall be permitted to deliver furniture ordered by consumers and defendant Privette shall be allowed to use his individual assets to pay his ordinary and necessary living expenses, including attorneys' fees; and
6) disposing of, destroying, or secreting any records or documents relating to their furniture businesses, including but not limited to financial records, customer contracts, invoices, correspondence, advertisements offering the sale of furniture (including advertisements as displayed on the Internet), and business records.
It is further ordered that defendants appear on Thursday, May 29, 2003 at 9:30am in Courtroom 10 B, Wake County Courthouse, Raleigh, NC if they wish to be heard on plaintiff's application for a preliminary injunction pursuant to NC Gen. Stat. 75-14. Per information received from Horry County Solicitors Office, on March 25, 1999, Mr. Privette was indicted by the 15th Circuit Court of South Carolina on numerous counts alleging breach of trust with fraudulent intent. On May 26, 1999, Mr. Privette pleaded no contest to all charges and agreed to a consent order which in part requires restitution to victims, liquidation of his business by January 1,2000 and not to operate a furniture store in South Carolina.
Report as of 05/13/2003
Copyright 2003 Better Business Bureau of Coastal Carolina, Inc.
Albany, New York
Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Carolina Furniture
STOP! ..before you think about using the Better Business Bureau (BBB)... CLICK HERE to see how other consumers were victimized by the BBB's false or misleading information. Don't be fooled! It has been reported, when there are thousands of complaints and other investigations underway by authorities, the BBB has no choice but to finally give an UNsatisfactory rating to a BBB member business that is paying the BBB big membership fees every year. When a business is reported that is NOT a BBB member, BBB files WILL more likely show an UNsatisfactory rating, then reportedly shake down that company to become a member of the BBB. One positive thing about the BBB is, either way, if a business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB, you can be sure, the business is bad. But what about all those BBB member businesses that had complaints filed against them? Consumers never get to hear about them. What about the BBB advertising to the public? Is this a false and misleading perception they are giving about consumer confidence when dealing with a business? Click here to understand more of what consumers and business alike are saying about the BBB. You decide. ..Remember. The BBB membership is not earned, its paid for!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2003 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carolina-Furniture-Miller-Burns-FurnitureInternational-Home-Furniture/Calabash-North-Carolina/Carolina-Furniture-Miller-Burns-FurnitureInternational-Home-Furniture-Information-for-Co-57360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.