Complaint Review: Carolina Furniture (aka) H.R. Privette

• Updated: Fri, February 14, 2003

• Reported By:Osprey Florida
Carolina Furniture (aka) H.R. Privette
Carolinafurniture.com Internet U.S.A.

Carolina Furniture aka H.R. Privette takes 50% cash & never delivers your furniture Supposed To Be In High Point, NC, But Located In Brunswick County Internet

*Author of original report: Carolina Furniture ..From their own web site

We placed our order in September. I was told "if you order this week, you will not be charged for shipping --" When I asked for referrals..."we do not give out the names or addresses of our customers, just like we wouldn't give out your name." Before I sent my money (in Sept. 2002) I was told "if I ordered by that Friday I wouldn't have to pay any shipping charges." When I'd said that I was nervous about sending cash, I was told "if you are going to be so uncomfortable that you will be calling all the time checking on your order -- than do not order -- I have hundreds of orders coming in every day and won't have time to speak with you." OH BROTHER. These people are smooth.

I gave them until after Christmas for delivery and kept calling Ruth (who does act like a receptionist). I told Ruth my husband thought this was a scam and she kept telling me "I'm glad to say it is not." Then I entered "internet furniture scam" into the internet in January 2003 and found the article that H.R. Privette had been arrested a few days before. Hmmmm..but I had spoken with him yesterday.

I called Ruth and told her what a liar she is and she told me to "be careful of judging other people." These jerks have $992.50 of our money.

I too have filed a complaint with Consumer Protection and am hoping to get some satisfaction. My biggest complaint is that his website is still up and running -- so he continues to take orders! By the way, one of the earlier complaints showed a website -- carolinafurniturefraud.com --- I couldn't find this and am very interested.

Suckered in
Osprey, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2003 05:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carolina-Furniture-aka-HR-Privette/internet/Carolina-Furniture-aka-HR-Privette-takes-50-cash-never-delivers-your-furniture-Suppos-45390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carolina Furniture (aka) H.R. Privette

Carolina Furniture ..From their own web site

AUTHOR: Suckered in - (U.S.A.)

Minutes after I sent in my rip-off report I went to the Carolina Furniture.com website and they have added a tracking feature to track your order. I wonder if this is a further ploy to delay people from worrying that their furniture hasn't arrived and reporting them to the authorities.

From their own web site........

Customers - Please Note:

The order tracking feature was implemented on 02/12/03. We have not entered all of the customer records in the on-line database yet, but are making entries as quick as possible. If your order tracking search does not produce tracking information, please be patient, return later and try again. Each customer's data is being entered in order that you may see where your order is in the delivery process. We appreciate your patronage and your patience. We promise you satisfaction.

Thanks - Carolina Furniture Staff