Complaint Review: Carolina Furniture

• Submitted: Thu, June 19, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, July 28, 2003

• Reported By:Frankfort Illinois
Carolina Furniture
www.carolinafurniture.com CAlabash, High Point, Greensboro, North Carolina U.S.A.

Carolina Furniture - Miller Burns Furniture, Internation Home Furniture ripoff Scammed, Fraud, Dishonest, Took my deposit of $3102. 13 months ago and never gave me furniture or refund Calabash, High Point, Greensboro North Carolina & South Carolina

*Consumer Suggestion: Our only hope is that the FBI or the Attorney General file an objection to the BAnkrupcy

*Consumer Suggestion: He is getting off easy ..he should be locked up and the key thrown away

On May 20, 2002 I ordered bedroom furniture and end tables from Carolina Furniture.
On May 22, 2002 they cashed my check for $3102 deposit on furniture.

In August 2002 all my furniture was in and I kept calling for delivery dates. They kept puting me off. Finally in November 2002 I spoke to a Lori in the office, she told me to requested a full refund. So I did.

H.R. Privette told me several times it was sent. He even gave me traking numbers
from the envelopes he never sent. H also faxed me a copy of the checks he was going to send. I checked with the bank and there wasn't enough money in the bank to cover them.

It is now June 20, 2003 and I still have No Furniture and No Refund. I was definitely scammed. Now he refuses to return my calls. He kept telling me to trust him, that
he was really trying everything to get my money for me. It saddens my to say this,
but you can't trust Anyone!

Nancy
Frankfort, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2003 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carolina-Furniture/CAlabash-High-Point-Greensboro-North-Carolina/Carolina-Furniture-Miller-Burns-Furniture-Internation-Home-Furniture-ripoff-Scammed-Fr-61161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carolina Furniture

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Lois - (U.S.A.)

Our only hope is that the FBI or the Attorney General file an objection to the BAnkrupcy, otherwise the debts will most likely be forgiven and any chance of legal suits or restoration will be impossible. Even if a creditors committee is appointed, most of the assets will be absorbed by the trustee and the attorneys, leaving the creditor with no recourse.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

He is getting off easy ..he should be locked up and the key thrown away

AUTHOR: Carol - (U.S.A.)

Just to inform all the victims who have been
touched by HR Privette, last week he filed for a
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy with the US Courts in North
Carolina.

So the chances of receiving any restitution or the furniture is less likely to
happen.

It is my belief that he should be locked up and the key thrown away. Individuals such as he should not be given the freedom to do
as he has to others.