Complaint Review: Carolina Marine and Cycle

• Updated: Wed, December 08, 2010

• Reported By: tucker8687 — south st paul Minnesota United States of America
Carolina Marine and Cycle
3662 Smith Farm Road Matthews, North Carolina United States of America

Carolina Marine and Cycle Ron Thompson He will take your money and run Matthews, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: totally agree

*Consumer Comment: Hard to believe

I found Carolina Marine and Cycle on ebay and they were selling a lower unit for a OMC outdrive I was looking for but he had the incorrect model on ebay yet he advertised to have many parts available. So I emailed Ron about the year and model I was searching for and he stated that he had one.

After several emails and my misguided trust I paid the invoice through pay pal, then Ron took several weeks to ship the product he had one excuse after another as I called him weekly inquiring about the lower units delivery.

Once I recieved the item it was not correct not even close to what was described to me (I still have all the emails) I called Ron and he acted surprised and said he would get back to me. He never called or emailed me back thus I pursued him and he stated that his son had shipped the incorrect item to me and he would re ship and send a call tag for the incorrect unit he shipped me previously.

He never followed through , quit taking my calls and refuses to answer emails from me. He is a ripoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2010 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carolina-Marine-and-Cycle/Matthews-North-Carolina-28104/Carolina-Marine-and-Cycle-Ron-Thompson-He-will-take-your-money-and-run-Matthews-North-Car-562100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carolina Marine and Cycle

totally agree

AUTHOR: tom - ()

purchased outboard motor parts and was very pleased with service and parts

plus ron thompson saved me a few hundred dollars and helped with

problem that wasn't covered in my shop manual. no problems fast service

Hard to believe

AUTHOR: GH - (United States of America)

I have done business with Ron for over 10 years and he has been nothing but honest and fair.
I have never known him to dodge any customers calls or fail to correct any wrong parts problems.

I have bought thousands of dollars in parts and motors from him and any issue was handled fast and to my satisfaction.