Complaint Review: Carolina Sport Horses

• Submitted: Fri, February 01, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, November 27, 2013

• Reported By: Lynn — Hubert North Carolina United States of America
Carolina Sport Horses

Carolina Sport Horses Anglea Langston Carolina Sport Horses Anglea Langston Westminster, South Carolina Internet

Angela Langston of Carolina Sport Horses is a hypocritical con artist who sells horses for outrageous prices. My family and I drove 9 hours to Anglea's barn after communicating with her for weeks. She had quoted scripture to me about the very recent passing of my Mom to cancer, so I really thought, surely, this person can be trusted. I explained at length what I was looking for. A QUIET, steady, great trail gelding with a nice jog and lope.

We were shocked at the apperance of the place when we got there, but got out of the truck anyway. I sure wish we had kept driving. After riding 7 of the horses that I had looked at extensivley prior to the drive, I was so disappointed. Only one of them was anywhere close to what Anglea had said all of her horses were. This was a mare, which I did not want, but what do you do after driving 9 hours in a day hauling a horse trailer, and riding for several hours?

We came back the next day and trail rode the mare. She was quiet, but seemed really tired when going up small hills. Again, we have a 9 hour drive ahead of us, and didn't want to go back with an empty trailer, and I was hoping for a horse to ride to help me through the loss of my Mom.

We took the mare home with us, and she still didn't seem right. Had the vet come out to check her over, and discovered that she had had laminitis at least 3 times in the last year. Rode her the next day, and she was totally different than when we were in SouthCarolina. She spun so fast I almost came off and then did everything she could to get up above the bit so she could run off to where she wanted to be.

Long story short, I texted Anglea immediately, only to have her text me that she was in church and would text me later. She did finally respond, and after forcing the issue for 2 days, made her trade out the mare for a gelding. This gelding was $6500 due to "natural horsemanship training." Even after we paid for 30 days with an awesome trainer, he is still spooky, they had shod him in such a way to make his front leg look straight, which it isn't. She totally misrepresented both of these horses, and out and out lied about what to expect from them. I still think something was wrong with mare, beside the hoof issues, and don't know what I will do now with the gelding. Please don't waste your time or money by going to this horrible woman's "business," and please don't lump true Christians into a group with this woman.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 07:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carolina-Sport-Horses/internet/Carolina-Sport-Horses-Anglea-Langston-Carolina-Sport-Horses-Anglea-Langston-Westminster-S-1007572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carolina Sport Horses