Complaint Review: Carolina Talent

• Submitted: Sun, February 05, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 31, 2012

• Reported By: Scam Expert — Fayetteville North Carolina United States of America
Carolina Talent
1230 W Morehead Street Suite 210 Charlotte, North Carolina United States of America

Carolina Talent SCAM OF THE CAROLINAS!!! Charlotte, North Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Mandy Silla Carolina Talent

After I went their website they required that I pre-register on 800 casting ( which appears to be a company blowing in the wind) a few days after I was contacted via email and phone asking me to come their open casting call on 2/4/12 I verified with one person and another person called me to verify again lastly I recieved a email confirmation. Once I get to the building which looks less then pleasing very shabby I go to the second floor where I have to complete another form with a number assigned to it then I go to another floor filled with people some sitting on the floor children running wild I mean it was ridiculous and very much unprofessional there was suppose to be some sort of "Scout" there looking for new talent, they were only interested in models.

One of the ladies state that after we audition they will hand us cards that reads basically we are interested or we are not, those who they are interested in will return the next day. Now the powerpoint presentation started with we do not ask for money and any agency that does is legit...ok remember that Now after we audition supposedly walking a imaginary runway on carpet to a boombox playing lady Gaga in front of two judges a woman in a man a woman who never stated her affialiation she only stated she went to modeling school when she was 15....Ive never seen her as a model before in my life and some other guy who looked completely bored..they not once stated their education nor expertise in the field but they are the "model" judges...

now after we all walked they asked who wanted to sing or act this is the kicker the lady who originally spoke of handing out cards said that those who are only interested in modeling can come downstairs to recieve their cards the foolishness is that she had everyone cards even those who havent audition for acting or singing so how can a decision be made for the actors and singers. Lastly if you are selected you have to pay &250 deposit to participate in a international showcase in July that cost $2500 in which you have to pay for also...but wait remember earlier the lady said that their was not any fees and an agency should never charge..this is a indirect charge..If they choose you, you shouldnt have to pay to participate in the showcase because you are chosen!!

Needless to say this was the most unprofessional audition I have ever been on a lot of people become so intrigued and excited by the power presentation and the stories they tell I mean I did but then the $2500 dollars....made me think PARENTS IF YOU CAN HELP IT HIDE THIS SITE FROM YOUR CHILDREN!!! Try other agencies!! Carolina talent is the biggest scam of the Carolinas even in the powerpoint I did not see any of their "models" in belks, dillard, or any other catelog BEWARE!!  This is my personal experience not hear say I was selected and I attended oh an no I didnt get selected but after I was told 2500 I wasnt going to pursue even if chosen you can take head or take this with a grain of salt JUST BECAREFUL and DO NOT GIVE CAROLINA TALENT ONCE CENT OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!!!  You would be better off investing in yourself ie website personal photos promotions..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2012 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carolina-Talent/Charlotte-North-Carolina-/Carolina-Talent-SCAM-OF-THE-CAROLINAS-Charlotte-North-Carolina-834332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carolina Talent

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Mandy Silla Carolina Talent

AUTHOR: mandy silla - (United States of America)

I was directed to the negitive comments by a reputation specialist. We don't need one. The writer of the neg comments dated Feb 2012, is completley misinformed,misguided and does not have facts straight. The proceedure for representation with us or any agency is audition. You are asked to walk, no we don't have a runway, because we don't as a rule teach classes, we are an agency, so yes, walk down the "runway",read a commercial and  give us a photo of yourself. That is the extent of the audition, we know quickly if we have an interest or not,we ahve numerous reasons not to have an interest, be it size height age or perhaps a talent who is too similar to someone we already represent. It is not wise to take the rejection personally.

The event ,you are referring to is an event that we attend annually where we take a group to a conference with agents, to be scouted for larger markets,we have no need to defend the event it has been around for over twenty five years with proven sucesses. Regarding a card given to all, yes that is how we decline or approve, all that attend get a "card" the cards states thanks we like you and would like to take the next step or the card says thanks but we have no interest at this time. Only a small percentage are invited to join our company or if potential is there for larger markets extend invite  to the event that youa re referring to.. Do your research, vist all agencies, we are a sixty two years old company with clients all over, we do not charge for represetation we make mone from bookings, we do however, expect professional photos that are CT approved and we do charge an orientation fee which covers mailings, reels, vouchers and running comps to clients it is a one time fee throughout the duration of the contract. Hope this clears up your misunderstanding. Sometimes we can be pretty sore losers. Mandy Silla

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC