Complaint Review: Carols Furnishings Rental

• Updated: Sun, October 13, 2013

• Reported By: anothervictim — Tobermory Ontario
Carols Furnishings Rental
, Ontario Canada

Carols Furnishings Rental I rented a furnished unit, and had to cancel the contract, which I did within 48 hours. She refused to refund my monies. I went to a legal firm, who told me that she had to refund money to me if she rented the unit during the time I had taken out the contract.  Toronto and area Ontario Canada

Carol emailed me, and indicated that she owed me money and could I let her know where to send the cheque. It would be a partial repayment. I sent her the details, although she already had all my contact information from the signed contract. After multiple emails requesting she pay me the monies owed, she has been absolutely silent and non-responsive.

I required a furnished rental property and found one advertised on Craigs List.  I phoned, and arranged to meet the Carol, who seemed pleasant enough at the time,. Due to unforseen circumstances, I had to cancel the contract, which I did within 48 hours.  Other than the intitial walkaround of the property, I had not set foot in the building, nor had my rental actually started.  She refused to return any of my money.   I spoke with a legal firm and they informed me that if the property was rented for any length of time during my contract period by Carol to someone else, she would be requrired by law to return those monies to me.

I received an email from Carol asking for my contact information (which was all available to her already on the contract) so that she could send me some monies as she had rented out the property. I emailed her my contact information, and anticipated a cheque in the mail.   This has yet to be, despite countless emails. I can only surmise that my monies have been stolen. I advise anyone dealing with Carols Furnished Rentals to walk away before you sign anything.  This woman is not honest, and your money is at risk.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2013 12:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carols-Furnishings-Rental/Ontario/Carols-Furnishings-Rental-I-rented-a-furnished-unit-and-had-to-cancel-the-contract-whic-1091584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carols Furnishings Rental