origin

• Updated: Mon, June 27, 2011

• Reported By: Kelly — Wisconsin United States of America
Carousel Checks
8906 S. Harlem Ave Bridgeview, Illinois United States of America

Carousel Checks Checks By The Box LLC Porr Quality Product//Little Resolution Offered//RIPOFF Bridgeview , Illinois

I ordered personal checks from Carousel Checks.

When the checks were received, I inspected them to be sure that the account number, routing number, name and address information were correct.  I did not use the checks until 3 months later when I ran out and needed them.

Upon using the checks, I found that I was not able to write on them.  Ink pens just do not write on the
checks.  I tried various pens with little result.

Upon contacting "customer service," I was informed that it was my responsibility to examine the checks when they were received and that they could be sent back to the production department to examine them but since it was past 90 days, there was nothing more they could or would do.

I spent $5.65 to return the checks in addition to the $8.49 I spent in shipping to get the checks that I was unable to use.

I received a call from customer service saying that they would not refund me the cost of the checks as requested but they would be happy to reprint them as there was clearly a problem with the checks.  The CS Rep stated that there must have been an issue with the toner and that is why I was unable to write on the checks.

All I wanted was a refund.  I did nothing but waste money for these worthless checks.  The rep continually offered to reprint the checks and then when I protested she said she would refund me $13.87.  Taking that would mean that I was losing $15.26!!!  Eventually I agreed to receive a reorder of the checks though I have no intention whatsoever of using them.

The initial person I spoke to in customer service was very rude as was the person who called me after they received the checks back.  Even though they indicated I needed to return the checks; I was told that I could have just spent 44 cents and mailed back a check or two instead of the entire order.

I feel that I was misinformed by customer service initially becau8se it has not been 90 days since the receipt of my order.  Additionally, I was forced to take a reorder of checks rather than being refunded my cost of the checks and shipping along with the additional amount I spent sending the unusable checks back.

When I mailed my check order back, I also requested the names of any other companies that they do business as so that I will never do business with them again.  They refused to provide this so now I run the risk of coming across them unknowingly and wasting more money on their sub-par products.

My advice:  AVOID Carousel Checks if you are want to save money.  They sell a sub standard product and have very poor business practices and blame the customer for their production issues.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2011 08:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carousel-Checks/Bridgeview-Illinois-60455/Carousel-Checks-Checks-By-The-Box-LLC-Porr-Quality-ProductLittle-Resolution-OfferedRIP-745826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carousel Checks