interference

• Updated: Tue, October 09, 2012

• Reported By: JM — Oakland Oregon United States of America
Carousel Checks

Carousel Checks Charges you fees without your knowledge, bad quality. Internet

I ordered my checks, had a inexpensive grand total, so I processed my order.

Then, I noticed on my bank statement, there was a $10 more charge for my order. I double checked everything from my original order, and realized I was right and that this extra $10 was wrong.

I called them to tell them they owed me a credit for $10, as I submitted my order online with total I agreed to, and I had the proof of this. This is what I was told:

"There is a $10 extra fee, because you accidentally gave us the wrong billing account number. You were off by one digit. But the good news is, we investigated & sent out your checks with the correct account number-- so your checks are going to be just fine"

I asked them why they charged me $10 because I so-called typed in one number off for the billing, yet they seemed to find my account number just fine to print the checks? They said:

"That is because we had the one digit off account number, and so we had to charge you $10 for the process of investigating your correct account number"

I asked them why they couldn't call or email me and ask me for my correct account number -- as it seems it would take a lot longer to 'investigate'! All the customer service person could do, was try to redirect my irritation with 'but your checks are going to be delivered just fine with the correct account number' ...

I can't tell you if I did indeed give the wrong account number for billing. When I look at my invoice, I gave the correct account number for printing. These would be the same number. I am irritated that no one bothered to contact me, but just went ahead and took the extra $10 from my account. Good thing I discovered it! I have a fraud report into my bank, as they had permission to debit out the amount I agreed to. With Carousel not contacting me first, I think it's bad business. Also, this company has really bad quality checks. They are very thin, and you have to be super careful to not rip each one when you tear they from your checkbook! The picture quality on your check is also very very light & bad quality.

I will not do business with Carousel Checks again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carousel-Checks/internet/Carousel-Checks-Charges-you-fees-without-your-knowledge-bad-quality-Internet-952810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carousel Checks