Complaint Review: Carousel Motors Iowa City, Iowa

• Submitted: Tue, March 27, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, March 27, 2012

• Reported By: Amy — Iowa City Iowa U.S.A.
Carousel Motors Iowa City, Iowa
809 Highway 1 West Iowa City, IA 52244 Iowa City,, Iowa United States of America

Carousel Motors Iowa City, Iowa #1 on Highway 1 Buyer Beware of Luxury Car Scam Iowa City, Iowa Iowa City, , Iowa

I wanted everyone out there to know what happened to me at Carousel Motors in Iowa City recently. I went in to test drive a new Audi the other day. Audi has made a ton of improvements so I thought I would check one out with the new tax return coming back.

This was my first mistake. From the minute I got to the lot every single thing felt fake. I was ushered in to testing an Audi A6 and A8. Both were nice cars but the young guy that was in the car with me just stunk. His breath smelled like a combination of whiskey and garlic. The white shirt he had on was sweat stained and the B.O. made my eyes hurt. He told me to drive behind their dealership, which he called their little Auto Bahn. Both cars performed fantastic but in the second run I swear the sales guy farted one of the worst smells I have ever imagined and I swear he pooped his pants. He kind of laughed it off and said he was at a party in the Ped Mall the previous night that got out of control but he didn't apologize.

Then when I said he I wasn't interested he thought that was a buying signal. He got me in his little office there and said "Pat would swing me a great deal." While I am sitting there looking up the price of the cars on EBAY this idiot comes back and gives me a price 20% higher than a current ad on EBAY. I told him this is a rip off. I asked him what I would do if I were him and he said "We buy cars off EBAY all the time. It is a better deal."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2012 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carousel-Motors-Iowa-City-Iowa/Iowa-City-Iowa-52244/Carousel-Motors-Iowa-City-Iowa-1-on-Highway-1-Buyer-Beware-of-Luxury-Car-Scam-Iowa-City-859959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carousel Motors Iowa City, Iowa