Complaint Review: Carparts.com

Carparts.com
, Select State/Province USA

Carparts.com Defective/Broken & Still Can't Get It Right Carson California

*Author of original report: Finally Refunded - In Full

Paid $188 for a set of truck mirrors a gift.  When my son received them, one mirror was broken.  No visable damage to box.  I chatted online with a person by the name of Salvador who told me to ship them back and I would get a refund.

I informed the representative that it would be simpler if he replaced the driver side mirror and place a RMA form and a return shipping label inside the box and my son would ship the broken product back.  I also asked that they make double sure the mirror was properly packaged and ample protection to prevent another damaged mirror.

The on-line chat person then transferred me to a customer service representative by the name of Allan Juezan. After a long conversation of order number, part number, (which he said was the passenger side mirror) addresses, he agreed to do as I suggested.  He assured me they would make sure it had plenty of packing. [continued below]....

.....

When they finally sent a replacement mirror and assembly, which took another week, not only did it come unprotected with the proper packing, it was completely mangled in several broken pieces.  Again, no visible damage to the exterior of the box.  To top it off, they sent the passenger side mirror and not the driver's side.

Needless to say, I called Carparts.com this time and I spoke with a lady who assured me they had good quality control in their shipping department.  Again, the same routine to insure they sent an RMA and return shipping label and that the mirror and assembly would be packaged with plenty of protection.  She assured me that it would arrive properly packaged.

Today, the new mirror and assembly arrived to my son, only to open the box and find the properly protecting packaging was paper and that a corner of the plastic mirror housing was .... you guessed it... broken.

My advice: They may be good for some, but just from my first experiences, don't shop with them unless your time isn't worth money.  The hours to resolve a simple issue has turned in to a bad, bitter experience.  If they can't get my simple little order correct...how can anyone expect them to get the larger one right as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2014 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carpartscom/Select-StateProvince/Carpartscom-DefectiveBroken-amp-Still-Cant-Get-It-Right-Carson-California-1115792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carparts.com

Finally Refunded - In Full

AUTHOR: mopar4ever - ()

After several different Customer Service Advocate emails, back and forth, and several "We are experiencing difficulties posting your refund to your account for the above order. Your refund is being declined by the financial institution."

NOTE: According to American Express & V.me by Visa - they have never refused money receivable back to a card holder.  V.me by Visa stated they do not have the ability to issue credit and to contact the merchant and/or the financial institution. If using V.me and the transaction has been completed, then the merchant will recieve notification of your payment through V.me and process your order.

Here's the fun part when Carparts.com sent me four (4) emails saying my financial institution was declining the refund. "If you have to make a return for goods, the return and refund will need to be initiated by the merchant. Once a refund is requested and processed, the funds will be returned to the card used to complete the purchase."

Don't go through the headaches I had to.  I made the mistake by not researching a new online merchant I had never dealt with in the past.  Twentysix (26) emails and eight (8) phone calls (carparts.com, V.me & American Express) later, it gets resolved.

My time is worth something, but can't get paid by anything but satisfaction knowing that possibly someone else will read this and learn from my experience in dealing with this.

Correction on original price of mirrors: $181.05 and not $188.