Complaint Review: Carrentals.com

• Submitted: Mon, April 09, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, April 09, 2012

• Reported By: Erin — Augusta Georgia United States of America

Carrentals.com BEWARE of Carrentals.com! Internet

I reserved a car to be approximately a month in advance. Upon arrival at the counter the clerk asked for a drivers license and credit card. I only have a debit card so she said they (ACE) would not be able to rent me the car and then referred me to two other companies that would accept a debit card. I informed her that I was not able to cancel the reservation and she informed me that Carrentals.com would refund the card upon approval from them (ACE). Carrentals.com should have some type of disclosure informing consumers of additional fees and requirements needed to complete a reservation. I went on to use my other option of reserving a car through Dollar/Thrifty who apparently would accept the card. The reservation had not made it to their system by the time I arrived so we were sitting and waiting. While waiting she informed me of all of the additional extra charges I will be charged that were not quoted in the reservation estimation. I canceled the reservation and now my trip has been delayed a day and I have event tickets that are now invalid!

They have NO contact phone number and I will never do business with them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2012 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carrentalscom/internet/Carrentalscom-BEWARE-of-Carrentalscom-Internet-865975. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carrentals.com