Complaint Review: Carrentals.com

• Updated: Mon, April 30, 2007

• Reported By:East Lansing Michigan
Carrentals.com
www.Carrentals.com Internet U.S.A.

Carrentals.com Ripoff, Poor Customer Care, Failure to get a refund for a Rental that never happened! Internet

I recently noticed on my debit card statement a fishy charge for 95.92 for a Car rental. I called the number provided, and found out that I was being charged for car rental insurance through Travelguard, as provided for on the carrentals.com website.

Here, however, is the problem. I never had a registered email address, nor a confirmation number for any reservations! I simply was quoting web sites for prices. I subsequently went with another renter and was satisfied with the service at LAX.

What carrentals.com and Travelguard did was charge me for insurance, without actually renting a car! They insured NOTHING! The car I rented never existed!

I have tried to explain this to them, but they have rejected my refund because I had no proof of non-rental. However, I can't get proof because I never registered for the site. I have been emailing back and forth because there is no direct contact line to talk to someone for the site. Travelguard has assured me that they are a seperate business, but I am convinced that Carrentals.com is just a figurehead corporation that operates as a front for the insurance biz. How else can they insure a car that never existed, and then refuse a refund! This is the worst case of unjust enrichment in a contract I have seen, and they are refusing to live up to there end of the bargain.

Justin
East Lansing, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2007 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carrentalscom/internet/Carrentalscom-Ripoff-Poor-Customer-Care-Failure-to-get-a-refund-for-a-Rental-that-never-1031647. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carrentals.com