Knife

• Submitted: Thu, November 08, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 08, 2012

• Reported By: JessicaLynn — Apple Valley Minnesota United States of America
Carrington Court Apartments
700 Evergreen Drive Burnsville, MN 55337 Burnsville, Minnesota United States of America

Carrington Court Apartments Moldy kitchen floor/charging me and my roomates to replace it Burnsville, Minnesota

I just moved from the Carrington Court Apartments in Burnsville MN. The lease was up July 31st 2012. My roomates, Steve N, Ashley N and myself were living there till October 31st month to month. A couple months before the July 31st lease date was up we had noticed some dark spots on our kitchen floor. We tried and tried to scrub the spots with different cleaning products. They would not come off so we contacted the office and they said "oh yes, that's mold coming up from underneath the floor" We asked when they were going to fix it. They told us when our lease was up they would fix it. We ended up signing a month to month and lived there till October 31st and they told us once again they wouldn't fix it until we left or signed another lease. Needless to say, they are charging us for the floor. This was not our problem and they said we would not be charged for this. No they say we owe over $1,000 in damages and this can't be right. My mother spent countless hours cleaning the palce for 3 days. I had a broken mirror and didn't clean the carpets. How can that cost so much? We are not the only one's with this problem. My neighbor down the hall has the same problem in her kitchen. She is a caretaker and still lives there and they wont fix hers either. I think this is the kind of place that would fix the floor but not the actual mold problem. I have photos and need help getting this property in trouble and getting our deposits back for the most part.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carrington-Court-Apartments/Burnsville-Minnesota-55337/Carrington-Court-Apartments-Moldy-kitchen-floorcharging-me-and-my-roomates-to-replace-it-966542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carrington Court Apartments