Complaint Review: Cars Protection Plus

• Submitted: Mon, January 14, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: Budd — Greer South Carolina United States of America
Cars Protection Plus
4431 William Penn Hwy. Suite 1 Murrysville, Pennsylvania United States of America

Cars Protection Plus Brian: claims dept. Total rip-off; never had any intentions of covering the claim, said I could cancel but without refund. Murrysville, Pennsylvania

My wife bought a 2005 VW Passat TDI car on the 5th of Dec. 2012. The dealer tried to talk her into a "Cars Protection Plus" extended warranty, but she told him she wanted to take the paperwork home and talk it over with her husband (me). He told her she had 30 days to decide. After a couple of weeks we decided to go ahead and purchase the plan. On the 2 day of Jan. 2013 we received our contract and claims card in the mail. Last week we noticed, the heater wasn't putting out hot air, (barely warm) so we took it to our regular repairman and he said he wouldn't touch it because he had to jump through hoops to please them and they wouldn't pay anyway; so why put yourself through it! We took it to a renowned VW repair facility and they said the heater core wasn't flowing enough coolant through it and had to be replaced. I told them about "Cars Protection Plus" and they were familar with it because they had just started selling it to their customers. He said they had no problem with "jumping through the hoops" because they would probably be getting a lot of business from them. When I returned later; the service manager told me he had bad news; "Cars" said they wouldn't cover the repair because the heater core wasn't leaking! He told them it wasn't leaking, it was partially stopped up from sediment that naturally comes loose from the inside of a engine. They said it wasn't covered, period. I called and went through the same routine, and I told "Brian" I wanted to cancel my policy. He transfered me to "Stacy" and she said I had no recoarse if I cancelled. I told her "according to my contract, I could cancel within 20 days of receiving my contract and get a full refund" She said I was mistaken, and my 10 day term had expired. This isn't true and I have all of the documentation to substanciate my position. If there is a class action suit out there; I'd like to sign on, if not, I'll pursue this at my own expense.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 06:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cars-Protection-Plus/Murrysville-Pennsylvania-15668/Cars-Protection-Plus-Brian-claims-dept-Total-rip-off-never-had-any-intentions-of-coveri-996882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cars Protection Plus