Complaint Review: CarsonPirie Scott & Co./Boston Store/Stainsafe Companies

• Submitted: Wed, April 06, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, April 06, 2005

• Reported By:Beach Park Illinois
CarsonPirie Scott & Co./Boston Store/Stainsafe Companies
Karen McLeod 331 W. Wisconsin Ave. Milwaukee, Wisconsin U.S.A.

CarsonPirie Scott & Co./Boston Store/Stainsafe Companies RIPOFF...TOOK MONTHS TO DENY CLAIM ON DEFECTIVE MATERIAL Milwaukee Wisconsin

On 11/11/04 I called Stainsafe to report wear on leather chairs near seam and 2 stains. They came almost immediately. After that I didn't hear from them. I called again on 2/26/05. I was told by rep answering phone someone would call me within 7 days. no phone call recieved. I called again on 3/12/05 and was told no one called me because I had to fax the invoice, which I did in 11/04, but they couldn't read it. At thsat time I refaxed the invoice. on 3/31/05 I called again, they again stated that I had to refax invoice because they could not read it.

I explained agin that I had faxed the invoice x2 and the one I had was not gonna get any clearer. they then said I should return to the store where I purchased furniture and get new invoice, however thsat store is now closed. Some how they were able to enhance that invoice and stated someone would contact me. I recieved a letter dated 4/5/05 dening my claim, because I didn't notify them within 5 days of the damage. Wear is not damage..its wear.

The techincian explained that the wear near the seams should not of happened and there was nothing I could do to have stopped it. Stainsafe its my fault from improper care. I clean my chairs with leather cleaner provided by Carson Pirie when I purchased the chairs..continued to pick-up that product from them until that store closed. So maybe I didn't call them within 5 days of stains..but I did with the wear.

Stainsafe just doesnot want to replace leather on chairs. Also techincian stated the stuffing was slipping and also needed to be replaced. There was extensive work needed to these chairs all covered under warranty. Stainsafe refuses to live up to the promises on thier warranties.

Sharon
Beach Park, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2005 07:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CarsonPirie-Scott-CoBoston-StoreStainsafe-Companies/Milwaukee-Wisconsin-53203/CarsonPirie-Scott-CoBoston-StoreStainsafe-Companies-RIPOFFTOOK-MONTHS-TO-DENY-CLAI-137828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CarsonPirie Scott & Co./Boston Store/Stainsafe Companies