Complaint Review: Carson's

• Updated: Sun, August 07, 2011

• Reported By: warren — warrenton New York United States of America
Carson's
108 market st plaza warrenton, Missouri United States of America

Carson's Treat employees unfair, work minors illegally more hours than allowed, pay minors under table, have a tip jar in front of register but keep all the tips for themselves, sexual and verbal harassment, warrenton, Missouri

*Consumer Comment: Good Job!

*Consumer Comment: So

*Author of original report: reply

*Consumer Comment: my question

*Author of original report: reply

*Consumer Comment: I wonder

I worked here for about 2 1/2 months until I finally got fed up. there was a 16 year old boy who worked 85 hours a week and was paid the tip money in the tip jar, which was only about 20$ a day. he was treated like a slave and continually yelled at. There were continuous sexual comments thrown at me from my boss/ the owner and I was expected to be at work prior to opening time to get shop ready yet not paid for it. The shop is open 11am- 11pm and employees are only paid during those times even if they have to stay after and work. I was not paid the amount they agreed to on my application. Minors are worked more hours than legally allowed and kept off payroll to avoid reporting. all employees are not on payroll so they can avoid having to pay workmans comp if anyone was to get hurt. they have a tip jar in front of the register that makes it look like the employees get the tips. they do not give us the tips, the owners keep them and deposit them into the bank with the rest of the money. I finally quit when I was screamed and cursed at for asking my boss if she could cover a hour for me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2011 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carsons/warrenton-Missouri-63383/Carsons-Treat-employees-unfair-work-minors-illegally-more-hours-than-allowed-pay-mino-761723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carson's

Good Job!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Gettin the word out about this SCUM OPERATION!

Why would he notify officials in Michigan?

STAY AWAY!

So

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Please tell us you did something more than just post an anonymous posting on the Internet to they and "help" people.

So when you reported this to the officials in MI what did they say?  I am sure this made at least the local news so I can't wait to read the newspaper article how the owners got busted for slavery.

AUTHOR: warren05 - (United States of America)

these incidences are happening in warrenton missouri. I would just like to add I am not a disgruntled employee. I am a former employee and I did quit only because I coulnd'nt take the harassment and all cheating and lies anymore. this place is ridiculous. I am just trying to help honest business owners and the government by trying to not these people get away with this kind of stuff and everyone is acting like im the bad person?

my question

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Where did the supposed horrendous act occur - NY or Missouri?

AUTHOR: warren05 - (United States of America)

Yes he did work 85 hours if not more a week , he worked earlier and later than the store open hours, we all did and didnt get paid for it. he was eventually moved off the tip jar and was paid 5$ a hour. which the minimum wage is 7.25. If you must know his parents are no longer a part of his life. and this isnt a case of the kids parents need to do something. this is a case of business ethics and not run a crooked business and break the law. and no i did not get fired I did resign.

I wonder

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

If you are either an disgruntled ex-employee who got fired or a competitor.

Because you can't even keep your story straight from one part of the report to the other.  In the beginning you stated there was a 16 year old boy who was paid only the tip money from the jar.  Then at the end you stated that the employees NEVER got the money as the owners deposited it into their bank account.

You also stated that this same 16 Year Old kid worked 85 hours a week.  Well they are only open 84 hours a week, so he would have to effectively be there from open to close 7 days a week and then one extra hour.  Yet his parents didn't think something was up when he brought home $20 a day in cash?

It is also interesting how they had more minors working all of these hours for little pay, yet not one of their parents complained or even questioned it.

Perhaps if this is true(yea right) the real RipOff report should be on the parents who are letting this happen.