Complaint Review: Cartridge World

• Submitted: Thu, August 30, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, August 30, 2007

• Reported By:Mulvane Kansas
Cartridge World
11333 E Kellogg Suite 202 Wichita, Kansas U.S.A.

Cartridge World Refills Don't Last Runs out just past warranty, even with little printing ripoff Wichita Kansas

I had two cartridges refilled on April 27, 2007. I brought both original #49 and #20 cartridges from my HP Desk Jet 632C. The technician told me he didn't need the black one and didn't think he could fill the color one, which I had just removed from the printer that morning. Well, he didn't fill it, but sold me an old one he had in the back. He had a black already filled on the shelf out front (non-original) also. He did not give me back my original color cartridge, but kept it. I didn't recieve any discount for the exchange either.

The red ink ran out before the warranty was up, except I didn't know there was a warranty of 90 days. The rest ran out this week, just 4 months after buying it and just out of warranty. My original color cartridge lasted over a year, since I never print photos, and I leave my printer set on draft to conserve ink.

I'm not sure the technician filled the cartridge all the way, but there is no way to prove it. My husband went into the store today and they said they would not do anything for us. We would have to pay regular price ($19) for a refill, since the cartridge was totally empty. Well, Walgreen's now does it for $15 and is much closer. We'll be going there from now on. I wish the technician had not "kept" my original #49 cartridge. I could have given it to our parochial school to recycle for school supplies if Walgreen's could not fill it.

Since we have an older printer, it is my understanding that our original cartridges aren't very popular. Did the technician keep mine because of that and sell me one that was worn out instead so he'd have an un-refilled original to fill and sell? I wonder. That, and their lack of concern for customer service is why I will never go back to Cartridge World again. I will be telling my story to many as well.

Sejohnson
Mulvane, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2007 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cartridge-World/Wichita-Kansas-67027/Cartridge-World-Refills-Dont-Last-Runs-out-just-past-warranty-even-with-little-printing-271389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cartridge World