Complaint Review: Casablanca Express Travel Services

• Submitted: Fri, November 18, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, January 10, 2010

• Reported By:Bountiful Utah
Casablanca Express Travel Services
P.O. Box 4399 Woodland Hills, California U.S.A.

Casablanca Express Travel Services ripoff, scam outright lied Woodland Hills California

*UPDATE Employee: OVER 1 MILLION TRAVELED

After attending a timeshare presentation using Trendwest's high pressure sales techniques I received my "free gift" of an Anaheim California trip.

I took great care in making sure I followed all the rules perfectly and made copies of everything I mailed using delivery confirmation (because I knew it was going to be a problem.) It took severla phone calls and calling them a liar on two occasions to actually receive even an answer from them. When I did receive an answer I was told that it had been too long and I was late. Luckily I had the delivery confirmation and threatening a lawsuit resolved it magically... I was on my way to a free trip.

Several weeks later and several phone calls later asking where it was and why they mailed it to me with an expiration date sooner than they had even mailed it and was looking like the free trip was going to happen.

Finally got the "free trip." It took several more threatening phone calls but was on my way. Then I was told about the ridiculous travel itinerary and paid for the upgrade, which was in addition to the refundable taxes I already paid of $95.. total now at $330 with my upgrade.

Re-scheduled from August to December without a hitch because I did it more than 30 days before the trip... Rescheduled for December 18th and made a note about everything I did, the entire process (attorneys pa attention, I have what you need - all of it)

Called to re-schedule again from December 18th to next summer and was told I was too late... It is November 18th today so that is exactly 30 days.. but.. the lady on the phone claims m reservation is for December 13th - lie.

On the phone she says there is no refund available because they sent confirmation in June. I told her I re-scheduled in July so how could she have possibly sent confirmation in June? Magically she accepts but when I try to give my address for the refund she pretends she interrupts before I finish giving the address. I try again and she does the same thing.. try two more times and try to tell her to let me finish with the address before she interrupts. Phone disconnects.

Call back and she answers but doesn't even say hello. I wait.

Now I am calling the attorney general to try to get this resolved but still want the lawsuit too. I have kept VERY detailed records since the very beginning and even have notes because I knew the hell I was going to go through. I have copis of everything, even the shipping labels!

Nathan
Bountiful, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2005 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Casablanca-Express-Travel-Services/Woodland-Hills-California-91365/Casablanca-Express-Travel-Services-ripoff-scam-outright-lied-Woodland-Hills-California-165095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Casablanca Express Travel Services

OVER 1 MILLION TRAVELED

AUTHOR: CasaExec - (United States of America)

Casablanca Express is the nations premier promotional travel company. Founded in 1980, over 1 million people have traveled utilizing Casablanca Express promotional travel certificates.

All Casablanca Express promotional travel certificates clearly explain what is included in the offer (i.e., type of accommodations, flight itineraries, etc.) and clearly explain conditions for travel (arrival days, advance notice, etc.). Upgrades over and above the original offer are available but are completely optional.

Generally, inquiries arise from those who have not fully read and understood what is included in their certificate and/or have not followed instructions.

We would like to hear from you and assist anyone who is:

<!--Having difficulties redeeming a Casablanca Express promotional certificate per its terms and conditions,

<!--Has experienced rude, unpleasant, or unprofessional behavior from a Casablanca Express employee.

Please contact Sandy Lopez @ 877-509-2510 ext 2907 and she will be happy to assist you.

Sandy Lopez