calculated

• Updated: Sat, October 03, 2009

• Reported By: ginalstanley — lakewood Washington USA
Casablanca Express
po box 4399 woodland hills, California United States of America

Casablanca Express worldmark by wyndham bait and switch,flat out lied,scam,they make money off of your free trip that you just paid for. woodland hills, California

*Consumer Suggestion: CASABLANCEA IS NOT A SCAM, YOU DIDN'T DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Come to our 90 min presentation and receive a FREE trip to Vegas, sea side or

Plus a $100.00 gas card, WOW you also receive a $25.00 American express card.

The gas card and American express are valid.

The FREE trip however, thru Casablanca travel is a scam.

6 weeks before your travel date Casablanca contacts you and lets you know you can up grade your travel accommodations from a economy class to a luxury resort on the beach for only $88.00 plus the $50.00 you initially have to send in for the room taxes.

I give Casablanca my credit card and up grade to a luxury resort.

I receive a conformation in the mail with my travel dates and hotel as well as a voucher that I need to give to the hotel when I arrive.

All of my reservations are in place I am ready to go on my FREE trip.

I receive a phone call from Casablanca travel on 9/3/09 telling me that my hotel has been cancelled due to availability at this hotel.

I ask how it can be cancelled when I have paid my money and received a conformation.

Isnt a conformation confirming your reservations?????

Casablanca told me it was due to the hotel being over booked by the hotel Best Western.

Casablanca tells me they can put me up at another comparable hotel called the Microtel Inn or I can change my travel dates and then stay at the Best Western on another date.

I contact the Best Western and find out that they do have a vacancy but at an ocean view room and at a higher rate. I also find out that the cancellation was made by Casablanca on 9/4/09 at 1:58 PM the day after the phone call was made to me by Casablanca.

The long and short of it is,

Casablanca makes money on your FREE trip.

They get you to pay for an upgrade, and then knowing full well they are only contracted a few rooms at the best western end up sending people over to another hotel where there contracted rate is only in the $40.00 a night range.

You do the math.

$88.00 for 2 nights

$50.00 for taxes

= $138.00

Casablanca pays $40.00 a night

9% in taxes=$3.60 a night

X 2 nights= $87.20

Casablanca walks away with $50.80 of your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2009 10:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Casablanca-Express/woodland-hills-California-91365-4399/Casablanca-Express-worldmark-by-wyndham-bait-and-switchflat-out-liedscamthey-make-money-495511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Casablanca Express

#1 Consumer Suggestion

CASABLANCEA IS NOT A SCAM, YOU DIDN'T DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

AUTHOR: Joel - (U.S.A.)

I get PLENTY of Free trips from Casablanca.  You simply don't know how to communicate with them.  They make their $$$ on UPGRADES, and no-shows.

YOU MUST REFUSE ALL UPGRADES FROM THEM.  LET THEM BOOK IT AND YOU UPGRADE WITH THE HOTEL DIRECTLY.

ALSO WITH AIR, THEY GIVE YOU THE WORST POSSIBLE TIMES.  THEY DON"T TELL YOU ANY AIRLINE WILL LET YOU FLY STANDBY AT NO CHARGE ON ANY OTHER FLIGHT THE SAME DAY!

CASABLANCA MAKES MONEY BY WORKING WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU!  I AM THEIR WORST ENEMY,  SINCE THEY LOSE EVERY TIME WITH ME!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC