Complaint Review: Casablanca express

• Phone: 800-315-2065
  • Web:
  • Category: Cruises

Casablanca express Cruise is rip off Woodland Hills, California

We received a "free" cruise at a timeshare session.  I sent in the $100.00 registration fee & received a letter confirming they had received the $100.00.  The letter also contained a Cert Number and destination of Caribbean.  I was to fill in 3 travel dates.

I called on July 16th,2012 to see what dates were available.  I wanted to travel in Feb 2013.  I also wanted to know the price of an upgrade to a higher cabin.  I also wanted to know the price for someone that did not have a Cert.  I was told they did not have the 2013 calender but usually the departure was every Saturday.  I was told to call back at the end of Aug & they would be able to confirm the dates & give me the pricing information I requested.

I called today Sept 12,2012 to get the above information.  I was told the only thing I could do at this time was to give them 3 travel dates.  I asked for the price upgrade & was told that would not be available until I booked the cruise.  I told him that I had spoken with someone in July & they had told me to call back & all that information would be available.  The agent told me that was not the case as all that was in the notes was that I would call back with travel dates.  I asked him if I could get a refund for the $100.00 registration fee.  He told me it would be processed within 30 days.

When I research the cruise I wanted to take I find that the price with Casablanca Express would be more then going thru some other  online company.  By the time you pay for the registration fee of $100.00 & processing fee of $99.00 plus the cruise fee it is far from being a "free cruise".

I hope some one will heed this information before jumping in & run the other way.  The timeshare "freebies" are far from free & a lot more difficult to book.  Plus going thru the high pressure sales pitch is very irritating.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2012 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Casablanca-express/Woodland-Hills-California-91365-4399/Casablanca-express-Cruise-is-rip-off-Woodland-Hills-California-940281. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Casablanca express