Complaint Review: Case Logic

• Submitted: Thu, October 02, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 02, 2008

• Reported By:seminloe Florida
Case Logic
6303 Dry Creek Pkwy Longmont, Colorado U.S.A.

Case Logic Smashed laptop and they will not resond. Longmont Colorado

I purchased a new laptop and needed a case for it so when I found the Case Logic case in black leather, not too big and with a shpoulder strap I was very happy.
I put the laptop in the case and for the first time I used the shoulder strap. I was standing still talking to a friend when the shoulder strap fell and my bag crashed to the ground.

I really thought I must have done something wrong and put the strap back on. I arrived at my destination and removed my bag from the car I once again put the bag over my shoulder and started walking when it once again fell to the ground in the paring lot this time doing a great deal of damage to my new laptop.

I was very upset as i walked in to my destination. A friend asked me why and I told him. He took the bag and pulled the strap and again it came off the bag.
so we look at the clasp to find it was not broak but the way it was designed it will come off every time the strap twisted and then had pressure applied such as lifting or holding the bag with a laptop in it.

I emailed the company and did not get a responce so I sent another and got an auto responce saying I would hear from them within 24 hours. That never happend.
I finaly recived an email telling me they had handed the case over to another department. I recieved an email telling me they would give me another bag as soon as I sent them mine.

Why would I want the same bag? I asked if I could get a differt bag of equal value and was told no only to recieve another email the same day saying yes I could.
I sent anouther email to Ryan Reutzer who was the person that I was getting emails from, asking what about my broken computer? and that was it. I nevr heard from them again. I sent several emails to Ryan only to get ignored.

The last email I sent to the company was a video af the strap comming off without touching the clasp. I demenstrated this a few time and each time it did come off.

I just went to the web site to get the product number to list on here so none of you would get that bag. I saw it on the site a couple of days ago and now it is gone, funny how they say nothing is wrong with the design yet now that I sent the video it is no longer on the site for sale.
I would be happy to send anyone the video that wants to see it.

seminloe, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2008 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Case-Logic/Longmont-Colorado-80503/Case-Logic-Smashed-laptop-and-they-will-not-resond-Longmont-Colorado-1033865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Case Logic