Complaint Review: Casey's General Store #1020

• Reported By: Jim — LeClaire Iowa United States of America
Casey's General Store #1020
210 Jones Street LeClaire, Iowa United States of America

Casey's General Store #1020 Sold bad gasoline in LeClaire, Iowa

I purchased bad gasoline at the Casey's in LeClaire, IA on April 15, 2011.  I had to have over $600 in repairs done to my vehicle.  I drive I-80 to work and was on the road when the engine troubles began.

The repair shop gave me back a sample of the bad gasoline.  I reported the problem to Casey's.  The local store contacted their management.  In the end,  Casey's sent a letter from Mindy Brincks (Risk Management) who works for Casey's in Ankeny, IA.  They claim that there were no other reports of bad gasoline and "respectfully" denied my claim.

LeClaire is a small town and I only purchase my gas at this Casey's store.  I have not had any problems in the past but there is no question that the gas was purchased there....and since the repair shop that I have used for over 20 years told me that there was no question it was bad gasoline and gave me a sample....I am frustrated.  I can not believe that there was no one else who had problems.

I am hoping that by writing this report someone else will come forward.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Caseys-General-Store-1020/LeClaire-Iowa-52753/Caseys-General-Store-1020-Sold-bad-gasoline-in-LeClaire-Iowa-741699. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Casey's General Store #1020