Complaint Review: Casey's General Store

• Submitted: Sat, May 30, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 20, 2010

• Reported By:WALDORF Minnesota
Casey's General Store
anderson.karen53@yahoo.com Owatonna North, Minnesota U.S.A.

Casey's General Store Carded for a donut?! Store Location-Owatonna North Iowa

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The other side

*Consumer Comment: Really?

*Consumer Comment: really....really??? REALLY????

*Consumer Comment: You say you're a diabetic?

*Consumer Comment: You weren't carded because you bought a donut...

I am writing to you to register my complaint about the treatment that I received at your store located by WestHills in Owatonna.

I went into the store to purchase a sugar donut as I am diabetic and my sugar had dropped drastically and I did not want to drive in this situation unless I had something sweet.

I was amazed at the price of a single donut .69 but decided that was not a problem. I took it to the register where I presented my husband's bank which he let me use because he is away from home because of his profession. Your clerk demanded to see my ID! Are people so desperate that you can insult paying customers. Needless to say I was ill and more than upset. I told her to take the donut and shove it where you know what does not shine. The manager was not much better...I explained to her that it belonged to my spouse and I had his permission to use it. I was to the point of almost passing out took the card and left.

Never have I received treatment by any clerk or manager as I did on Thursday, May 28th. Needless to say I will not go into Casey's stores but I have decided that when I can I will go to your competitors, and I will not certainly praise their customer service and let them know how I was treated by Casey's! I told my son that if we were in an accident due to the low blood sugar he was to let the store know about it. Fortunately I was able to get not 1 but 2 donuts for a dollar at their competitor! Pretty sad state of affairs....card for a donut!

Pitstop
WALDORF, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2009 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Caseys-General-Store/Owatonna-North-Minnesota-55060/Caseys-General-Store-Carded-for-a-donut-Store-Location-Owatonna-North-Iowa-456929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Casey's General Store

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

The other side

AUTHOR: Kevin - (United States of America)

I think you may have been mistaken in the purpose of the ID.  As an ex-cashier for Casey's I know that they carded you because there is a lot of credit theft going on.

This is for your safety, not because your buying a donut.  Even if you said that your his wife, where was your proof, and how do they know that you had permission to use it.  I have seen stolen checks, credit cards, ect.  From personal experience, you will thank them for IDing people if your card ever comes up stolen.

Just in case you think that I'm just sticking up for Casey's, I can't stand the place.  But I will stand up for the cashier that is just doing their job.  Next time be nicer, cashier's are people too.

Really?

AUTHOR: Henry - (U.S.A.)

Surprised they carded you at all instead of telling you to get some freakin' cash instead of making a charge for .69 on a card. They'd be better off giving you the donut.

really....really??? REALLY????

AUTHOR: Jeremiah - (U.S.A.)

so... you are getting mad because they are carding you,,, because you are using a card that isnt yours...wow....i work for a cell phone company so i know what kind of peole out there are but cmon, it takes you 3 d**n seconds to pull out a freaking id out...its just as bad as someone wanting to cancel a cell phone service because you have to dial a d**n area code.....it borders on retarded.... I understand the whole diabetes thing and the sugar thing but, there is a time and a place for anger. And someone doing their job and in the long run helping you out by actually making sure your guy's account is safe. Is not a justified reason to really get mad..... get over youself

You say you're a diabetic?

AUTHOR: Keith - (U.S.A.)

Then why didn't you carry an "emergency kit" with you? I am a diabetic and I NEVER go anywhere without my kit! I has everything I need if my sugar spikes or drops. As far as driving while you are in that condition, what are you nuts? You put your child, yourself and everyone else on the road in danger! All over .69! If you were really suffering from low blod sugar, you would have shown your ID and ate the donut and you would have been fine. But, on the other hand, maybe your sugar was fine and you just had to have a donut?!?!

You weren't carded because you bought a donut...

AUTHOR: Giselle - (U.S.A.)

...and the fact you are diabetic is not relevant. You were carded because you were using someone else's card. You should be thankful the clerk was checking I.D. Imagine if you had lost your card and someone found it and was able to use it because the clerk didn't check I.D. You would be furious..and on here writing a complaint. Your complaint is without merit. ANd .69 cents for a donut is not a bad price. Basically, you are just angry that you were inconvenienced.