Complaint Review: Cash Advance USA

• Updated: Fri, November 30, 2012

• Reported By: LB — District Heights Maryland United States of America
Cash Advance USA
Washington, District of Columbia United States of America

Cash Advance USA Cash Net USA HARASSING/THREATENING PHONE CALL Washington , District of Columbia

I got a call from someone CLAIMING to be from Cash Advance USA and saying that a case was being filed against me from a loan from almost 5 YEARS AGO.

First he called my cell phone.  I didn't answer because I didn't know the number. (Which, by the way, was 415-952-5630) While I was on break at work, he called my JOB and told my coworker to have me call him back as soon as possible.  When I returned from break, I called and the name that he told my coworker to reference was Michael Carter.  When I referenced this name, he said that Mr. Carter reported to him and that he was calling about a case being filed against me.  He had a thick Indian accent and was extremely rude.  He dismissed my confusion about this matter which was paid and settled YEARS ago, and when I tried to ask questions, he interrupted me and said "How can a warrant for someones arrest be issued without legal documentation?" He said that local law enforcement would be by my job to arrest me later this afternoon.

When I got online to find contact information for Cash Advance, my results filled was FILLED to the brim with stories about how people got the SAME phone call I did, from apparently the same angry man with the heavy Indian accent.  This is extremely unsettling and as SOON as I am off work, I am calling Cash Advance to find out how this man received my email address, and knew the name of the company I worked for.  This is absolutely crazy.  I will be calling the police and Cash Net as soon as possible.  How are people allowed to do this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2012 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cash-Advance-USA/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20024/Cash-Advance-USA-Cash-Net-USA-HARASSINGTHREATENING-PHONE-CALL-Washington-District-of-Co-976181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cash Advance USA