Complaint Review: Cash Advance, USA

• Submitted: Wed, February 20, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Hgall03 — Spokane Washington United States of America
Cash Advance, USA

Cash Advance, USA Calls saying that you owe money for a loan and that you will be taken to court , Internet

*General Comment: DJR Group LLC

A person named Edward Marshall called saying I owed money to Cash Advance, USA.  He said I had defaulted on a loan and that they couldn't access my account.

At the time I beleived him because I had a fraud on my account and had closed it.

Anyway, to avoid litigation, I could pay the amount of just over $600.  I had to do it through Money Gram and the receiver was a person named Beatrice Regalado.

Money Gram flagged this name as a scammer and put a hold on the money.  Then Edward Marshall, who sounded like he was from India or the Middle East, called me and called me trying to get me to find out what was wrong.  I did call Money gram and that's what they told me.  So, Money Gram kindly reversed the money I had sent.

I called Edward back and let him know what I had found out.  I didn't let him keep talking to me.  I just told him to mail me official complaint documents and I would take care of the debt if there was indeed one to take care of.

I should mention that Edward has called me numerous times today on my cell phone, but his initial call was on my work phone.  He had all of my information.  I am about to change passwords and emails to prevent him and others like him from doing this again.

I'm thankful to Moneygram because I wouldn't have caught this without them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2013 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cash-Advance-USA/internet/Cash-Advance-USA-Calls-saying-that-you-owe-money-for-a-loan-and-that-you-will-be-taken-t-1017496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cash Advance, USA

#1 General Comment

DJR Group LLC

AUTHOR: Skye - ()

i am a victim of a group similar to this known as DJR Group LLC...they accused me of taking money but i didnt, they compromised my account. that was a year ago and now this number is calling me and its them again. he told me i was a fraud and that he knew who i was, where i lived, where i worked, and where i slept. they said i couldnt do anything without them knowing about it. im calling the police. these people are scammers, dont believe them.