whereby

• Submitted: Sun, December 18, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, January 11, 2012

• Reported By: Jennifer — United States of America
Cash Advance usa

Cash Advance usa Called my job threatening I would be arrested if I did not pay $557.59 Internet

*Consumer Comment: cash advance scams

*Author of original report: Thank you for the reassurance

*Consumer Comment: Indian scam

I am a teacher at the NYC public school system. While I was teaching I received a memo from my office stating "very urgent" with a phone number for me to call. When I called, no one answered. Then two minutes later a man with a Indian accent stated that three charges were fied against me on behalf of his client Cash Advance. Those charges were check fraud, theft by deception. I can't remember the third but he said these charges were felonies and I will be arrested and my job will be faxed the information. I was very nervous because I never encountered anything like this before. I know I applied for a pay day loan on line but I didn't recall this transaction. My first response was to go and pay because a threat of a felony would result in me losing my job with the Board of Education. I was panicking. I have children and can't afford to lose my job. After talking to colleagues, I began making phone calls just to find out it was a scam. These people are still calling me at work and my cell. I contacted consumer affairs, and the attorney general and after hearing what I said they said it is a scam and many people have been calling with the same or similar complaints. Also, I contacted the law firm the claimed to be representing and they said the same thing. When I calledCash Advance USA the recording has a different title. These people seem to have all my information. They even named my address and said the sheriff will be there Monday morning to take me to jail and enjoy your Christmas in jail. What can I do to stop them from calling. They are still calling. This is the second week now. I just want to be at peace. Please help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2011 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cash-Advance-usa/internet/Cash-Advance-usa-Called-my-job-threatening-I-would-be-arrested-if-I-did-not-pay-55759-I-810963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cash Advance usa

cash advance scams

AUTHOR: Ms.Karen - (United States of America)

Tell them to send you documentation in the mail and you and your lawyer will see them in court and just hang up the phone.
If they call back, tell them your lawyer wants documentation, hang up the phone. Remember, you have to have documentation, be able to provide an answer, before you go to court.

Play them at thier own game

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (USA)

I can't tell you how much this is upsetting me. I never been through anything like this before. They just won't stop calling. I will take your advice and hopefully they will give up. Once again thank you for the reassurance.

Indian scam

AUTHOR: Joseph Brown - (USA)

Hopefully you'll return and read this. This scam is on-going with these people. And, as I said, it's a scam only.

Rest assured you can't be arrested for a civil suit, only a criminal suit. They are only trying to scare you into paying. From now on don't answer your phone if their info shows up agai and, please, relax.