Complaint Review: Cash Advance

• Submitted: Thu, January 24, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, January 26, 2013

• Reported By: Jared — LaCrosse Wisconsin United States of America
Cash Advance

Cash Advance Robert Colvin Called me claiming I defaulted on a loan,threatened arrest and appear before Superior Court New York, 3487.00 , Internet

*Author of original report: Update

I received a call from Robert Colvin claiming I had defaulted on a loan from Cash Advance.  Said his assistant Kevin had called me intially.  He recorded the phone call and read 3 counts of criminal misconduct against me.  Warned me not to violate the court order to not get in touch with the company or another charge would be added.  Said if I did not pay right away after the call, meaning today, he would download my file to law enforcement and the local sheriff would come to my workplace and arrest me starting at 9 am if I had not paid by then.  He said I owed $589.32 and the total cost to settle would be $3,487 and change.  I told him I could pay tomorrow and siad I had to call him by 9 am and would be given 30 minutes to go to a local cash advance office and pay.   I was supposed to call him when we arrived and then he would speak to the manager. Had to get a confirmation number after I paid for the court record.
I am going to the local law enforcement the next morning and report this.  Then I am going to my bank and change account numbers.
The cost to settle included attorney time, 500/hr, bail arraingement, after being flown to New York state to appear before the Superior Court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2013 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cash-Advance/internet/Cash-Advance-Robert-Colvin-Called-me-claiming-I-defaulted-on-a-loanthreatened-arrest-and-1002869. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cash Advance

Update

AUTHOR: Jared - (United States of America)

I went down to the city police department and filed a report.  The officer agreed it was a scam.  Got a call the next day from a different Robert Colvin.  Voice was not the same.  Stated the same thing.  It is now Saturday almost 12 pm CST and no one has  arrested me yet.  No strange charges on my bank account either.  The officer agreed with me that using the cash advance place for payment was just to use Western Union to send the money and it would be gone before you returned home.  No chance of getting it back.